Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bing
the chevy took a crap on me yesterday

stalled in the driveway,,,now wont stay running without some help with the gas pedal

voltage needle jumping around between 12-15 volts (never done this before)

and the tachometer stopped working at the same time

any ideas before i start throwing $$$ at it??

2003 2500hd 6.0L
That's new enough that your computer in the truck should give you a code. I think I just saw the code scanners on sale for $50 or something at Schucks? They are pretty standard anymore and the Chilton or Haynes will have a list for the codes specific to your truck. In fact, the Sno-Isle library has most of those manuals online from their website now. I even found the service manual for my Z400. The codes are pretty helpful.
If you don't want to buy a code scanner, and there are some REALLY expensive ones out there, I think Napa might even rent them now.
That would be where I would start. Way too many sensors and computer stuff on the newer vehicles to just start randomly replacing parts.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Roofing goes on next Saturday!

YouTube - Jayna's barn

Old 09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
That's new enough that your computer in the truck should give you a code. I think I just saw the code scanners on sale for $50 or something at Schucks? They are pretty standard anymore and the Chilton or Haynes will have a list for the codes specific to your truck. In fact, the Sno-Isle library has most of those manuals online from their website now. I even found the service manual for my Z400. The codes are pretty helpful.
If you don't want to buy a code scanner, and there are some REALLY expensive ones out there, I think Napa might even rent them now.
That would be where I would start. Way too many sensors and computer stuff on the newer vehicles to just start randomly replacing parts.
its not throwing any codes

I did do a bunch of maintenance stuff to it today (overdue anyhow) (tune up basicly),,,so we will see how she does once i get the serpentine belt on

Nice looking barn btw!!! That is really gonna be nice to have!!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by LdyJay
Roofing goes on next Saturday!

YouTube - Jayna's barn
Looking Good

Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good afternoon PSAR!

Looks like the barn is doing well Jayna, now to fill it with hay, saddles and all the rest of the stuff. Enjoy!

Been where the internet ain't for awhile, not even going to try to ketchup on all the talk. Back for a few days and it's off again. Been putting on a lot of miles on the quad in the mountain pasture. Sure is pretty and quiet in them thar hills.

Have a great evening.

Mike

Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
Good afternoon PSAR!

Looks like the barn is doing well Jayna, now to fill it with hay, saddles and all the rest of the stuff. Enjoy!

Been where the internet ain't for awhile, not even going to try to ketchup on all the talk. Back for a few days and it's off again. Been putting on a lot of miles on the quad in the mountain pasture. Sure is pretty and quiet in them thar hills.

Have a great evening.

Mike
Picking up a couple sample bales of local this week. The horses come home this weekend, fill the barn with hay(if it passes my picky muster) next week, ride Ken Mcnabb clinic next month on a borrowed saddle and hopefully we get a new or lightly used one that fits us both(the one I have ridden in for 10 years found out was a really bad fit for my sorrel which explained why she wasn't breaking out in her shoulders) for Christmas. Busy for the horsie stuff. Haven't ridden nearly enough lately to condition for our clinic, but it will be fun. Haven't been on my quad since the Oregon Dunes.
Naches ride is the weekend the critters will have off before the clinic, then Sandy Turkey... LOTS of great stuff to look forward to.

Sounds like it would be fun to come toddle around in the mountains with you Mike.

Thanks for the information on a new area to checkout in Eastern Washington, Mark. You will like the Naches. It's a good challenge for all levels and some really beautiful area to ride.

Done nailing on the roof for the night. Off to drop some grain for the hayburners. Have a great night everyone.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

What kind of roof are you putting on Jayna? Metal or shingle? Over here we use heavy gauge metal, double screws and glue the seams to keep the wind from ripping it off. Even at that we lost some tin off the big house last spring. Just got the replacement metal as the pattern is no longer standard and we had to have it rolled out down in Brooks Or. Bought enough to last for the next several years I hope.

Haven't used any of my saddles for a number of years but still keep them around. No horses on the place anymore, just quads. We have six of them now, two little Suzuki kid size, one Bayou 250 two wheel drive which SWMBO has laid claim to and three of the Prairie 360's. We've had really good luck with them all and I appriciate the advice of the folks that advised me not to get China quads for the kids. Have some neighbors that have bought those and they are always having problems. Only quad we have had a problem with was a 360 one of the guys backed a big ol tractor over. Kind of overloaded the quads suspension a bit.

Since we no longer run the place the quads don't get the milage they used to but the new operators keep coming around and asking for help. Kind of like it as it gets me away from all the remodel stuff around the home place.

Have a good night.

Mike

Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
What kind of roof are you putting on Jayna? Metal or shingle? Over here we use heavy gauge metal, double screws and glue the seams to keep the wind from ripping it off. Even at that we lost some tin off the big house last spring. Just got the replacement metal as the pattern is no longer standard and we had to have it rolled out down in Brooks Or. Bought enough to last for the next several years I hope.

Haven't used any of my saddles for a number of years but still keep them around. No horses on the place anymore, just quads. We have six of them now, two little Suzuki kid size, one Bayou 250 two wheel drive which SWMBO has laid claim to and three of the Prairie 360's. We've had really good luck with them all and I appriciate the advice of the folks that advised me not to get China quads for the kids. Have some neighbors that have bought those and they are always having problems. Only quad we have had a problem with was a 360 one of the guys backed a big ol tractor over. Kind of overloaded the quads suspension a bit.

Since we no longer run the place the quads don't get the milage they used to but the new operators keep coming around and asking for help. Kind of like it as it gets me away from all the remodel stuff around the home place.

Have a good night.

Mike

It will be architectural grade 30 year comp. Like I said, I think this barn is turning out to be better buil than my house...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread