Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jayna,
Sounds like a starter relay to me.
On 1989-91 Camry models, starter relay is located behind the LH side of the instrument panel.
On 1992 Camry models, starter relay is located behind the center of the instrument panel.
On Celica models, starter relay is located behind the RH kick panel.
On 1989 Corolla models, starter relay is located in the No. 1 junction block.
On 1990-92 Corolla and 1989 MR2 models, starter relay is located in No. 2 junction block in the engine compartment.
On 1991-92 Cressida models, starter relay is located behind the LH front kick panel.
On 1991-92 MR2 models, starter relay is located on the LH side of the luggage compartment.
On Pickup, 4Runner and 1989-91 Tercel models, the starter relay is located in the No. 1 junction block.
On 1992 Paseo and Tercel, the starter relay is located behind the center of the instrument panel.
On Previa models, starter relay is located below the LH side of instrument panel.
On Supra models, starter relay is located behind the LH side kick panel.
On Van models, starter relay is located in the LH side of the engine compartment.
Fig. 5 Relay continuity test connection locations

On all models, using a suitable ohmmeter, check relay continuity as follows:
Ensure continuity between terminal Nos. 1 and 3, Fig. 9.
No continuity should exist between terminal Nos. 2 and 4.
If continuity is not as indicated, replace relay.
Using suitable ohmmeter, inspect relay operation as follows:
Apply battery voltage across terminal Nos. 1 and 3.
Using suitable ohmmeter, ensure continuity exists between terminal Nos. 2 and 4.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazeys
Jayna,
Sounds like a starter relay to me.

On Pickup, 4Runner and 1989-91 Tercel models, the starter relay is located in the No. 1 junction block.

Fig. 5 Relay continuity test connection locations

On all models, using a suitable ohmmeter, check relay continuity as follows:
Ensure continuity between terminal Nos. 1 and 3, Fig. 9.
No continuity should exist between terminal Nos. 2 and 4.
Using suitable ohmmeter, inspect relay operation as follows:
Apply battery voltage across terminal Nos. 1 and 3.
Using suitable ohmmeter, ensure continuity exists between terminal Nos. 2 and 4.

THANKS Tony. It's a pickup with automatic transmission and the 22RE motor. I have and electrical tester, now I just gotta figure out where the heck the No 1 Junction Panel is...

It does it in wet and dry weather, morning and evening. It will start 2 or 3 times and will fail to start when I stop on an errand or something. I have tried wiggling things, in and out of park and nuetral, and I have tried just waiting it out and not touching anything and it eventually has decided to just start and go until the next time it decided not to. Frustrating.

Off to work. Have a great day everyone.

Bing, the barn is 24'x24' and I'll shoot you pics later today.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

Another cool, crisp and sunny morning at Green Acres. Well, actually eastern Washington brown this time of year.

We're getting so much stuff from the garden we can't keep up with it. Girls are letting a bunch of cabbage, lettuce, dill and herbs go to seed to see if they can use it next year. Keeping the neighbors supplied with zukes, cukes and summer squash.

LJ, Tony may be on to the solution to your problem. Had a friend up in Seattle that was having that problem. He said the shop replaced the relay. At the time I thought he meant the starter solenoid but in retrospect he was probably referring to this relay. Didn't know there was such a critter. You may be able to locate it by following the clicking noise when you try to start the truck. Or you could read the instructions which I seldom do till everything else has failed.

Where's Hap?

Have a great day.

Mike

Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning PSAR!

Jayna, hope you figure this out soon. I know how frustrating those problems can be. I need to work on my truck this weekend too! U-Joints are gone in rear drive shaft and shaking something horrrible! I do have 245,000 K miles so things are expected to go. Only other thing I had to replace so far has been a fuel pump and that was cloged full of sedement crap.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default U-Joints

So I called the three closets Toyota dealers looking for a price on U-joints. Here what I found...Quite interesting!

Titus will Tacoma (where I bought the truck 13 years ago) $81.00 for one!

Doxon In Auburn $74.75

Toyota of Puyallup $ 97.72!

So I go online and find an online Toyota OEM Parts house and find them for $50.00 each. Wow, quite a difference. Just currious I look to see where their located and find out it's Titus Wills address! I call the number and ask if they are Titus Will and they said yes. So I ask if I could walk in and get the same price.. NO! Must order online but can pick up at store. So I'm playing their game for the price savings. Seems silly to me the mark up on these! I did find out the MSRP is only $69.75

I have bought non OEM U-joints on my last toy and they were crap!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by S250
So I called the three closets Toyota dealers looking for a price on U-joints. Here what I found...Quite interesting!

Titus will Tacoma (where I bought the truck 13 years ago) $81.00 for one!

Doxon In Auburn $74.75

Toyota of Puyallup $ 97.72!

So I go online and find an online Toyota OEM Parts house and find them for $50.00 each. Wow, quite a difference. Just currious I look to see where their located and find out it's Titus Wills address! I call the number and ask if they are Titus Will and they said yes. So I ask if I could walk in and get the same price.. NO! Must order online but can pick up at store. So I'm playing their game for the price savings. Seems silly to me the mark up on these! I did find out the MSRP is only $69.75

I have bought non OEM U-joints on my last toy and they were crap!
Sounds about right...CycleBarn has the same deal...walk-in, pay the markup. Order online from their site, get the discount. Doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, I guess if you are uninformed, it's easier to take advantage of you. Bless the internet!

I went through the same thing on my tail light for my Toyota. $95.00 from Nix99 for an aftermarket OEM knockoff, or $200 from the stealership, or 43.57 brand new shipped to my door from Ebay. I tried really hard to shop local, but more than double the price or more?

Old 09-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm here DM. LOL :-) Just been busy at work and at home. Even though I don't have internet at home anymore.

Things have been good around my household. Justin went with some friends to Moses over labor day weekend and Allyson and I hung back and went up to Reiter pit (gold bar nature trails) and camped up there all weekend. I didn't bring my quad, I just wanted to relax. I did see Jolene up there and I went looking for then and their trailer and never could find them/it. :-( I was hoping to have a drink with them.

My work is moving buildings in November so it's been crazy around here. We are moving to the south end of bellevue, which I'm not happy about, but oh well.

Jayna sorry to hear about your truck. I'm always scared my Honda is going to leave me stranded somewhere. I would put a complaint into Costco, that is rude that the "boys" never once asked if you needed help or anything. I hope you get it figured out.

I hope everyone else has been ok.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tencubed
Where's Hap?

Mike
He's having a pity party, he says "Nobody even asks where I am, nobody misses me"
I said "you've been gone?" LOL

Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Where's Larry been?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Happa, Oh Happa, where fore art thou Happa?

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread