Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning PSAR!

Another pretty day, sunup here in the valley at 6:58 AM.

That new barn is going to be some fancy looking Jayna. I'm sure the horses will appriciate it.

Have a super day.

Mike

Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

morning PSAR

WARRIORQUEEN ARE YOU OUT THERE & ARE YOU OK????????????

Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

well,,,the Chebby sure appreciated the new plugs, cap/rotor, fuel injection service, fuel filter and belt.....seems to run like a champ again

i used to be real **** about vehicle maintenance,,,,starting to slip I guess

Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Bing
the chevy took a crap on me yesterday

stalled in the driveway,,,now wont stay running without some help with the gas pedal

voltage needle jumping around between 12-15 volts (never done this before)

and the tachometer stopped working at the same time

any ideas before i start throwing $$$ at it??

2003 2500hd 6.0L
Must have been tired of you crapping on it

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LdyJay
That's new enough that your computer in the truck should give you a code. I think I just saw the code scanners on sale for $50 or something at Schucks? They are pretty standard anymore and the Chilton or Haynes will have a list for the codes specific to your truck. In fact, the Sno-Isle library has most of those manuals online from their website now. I even found the service manual for my Z400. The codes are pretty helpful.
If you don't want to buy a code scanner, and there are some REALLY expensive ones out there, I think Napa might even rent them now.
That would be where I would start. Way too many sensors and computer stuff on the newer vehicles to just start randomly replacing parts.
You can scan for free at schucks!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by KingoftheRaptor
You can scan for free at schucks!
Good to know!

Now what do I do with the 1990 Toyota pickup I have that randomly won't start.

Like tonight at the Costco gas station. I was there almost 2 hours and the jackknob attendants didn't once ask if I could use any help as I sat stranded at the pump. One guy went on lunch break and the other guy actually walked past my open window and stood 5 feet away SIX times looking the other direction when I was the only one in the whole station time and time again. What the hell is wrong with people that we can't even offer help when someone is obviously having trouble?The truck has been doing this for months, and like I said, it's very random. Cold, hot, on a hill, flat, Park, Neutral, etc. all the accessories work and I just get a click. one click that I can hear. So far, if I wait, it has been starting up again randomly. It didn't this time. I have towing, and called, but they didn't know that and I was there a long time.
Then the other guy came back and still avoided me. Then he gave the tow truck driver a really nasty look when he pulled in to load up the Toyota. The driver even mentioned it because he was surprised by it.
Jim with Dick's towing was really great, btw.

I have replaced the starter, which includes the solenoid, battery and new cables. Even tried a replacement ignition module with a new key and that didn't help...I am kind of at a loss. DJ even helped me disconnect the alarm to make sure it wasn't freaking out and kicking in the starter kill option it has. GRRRRRR.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Good to know!

Like tonight at the Costco gas station. I was there almost 2 hours and the jackknob attendants didn't once ask if I could use any help as I sat stranded at the pump. One guy went on lunch break and the other guy actually walked past my open window and stood 5 feet away SIX times looking the other direction when I was the only one in the whole station time and time again. What the hell is wrong with people that we can't even offer help when someone is obviously having trouble?The truck has been doing this for months, and like I said, it's very random. Cold, hot, on a hill, flat, Park, Neutral, etc. all the accessories work and I just get a click. one click that I can hear. So far, if I wait, it has been starting up again randomly. It didn't this time. I have towing, and called, but they didn't know that and I was there a long time.
Then the other guy came back and still avoided me. Then he gave the tow truck driver a really nasty look when he pulled in to load up the Toyota. The driver even mentioned it because he was surprised by it.

I have replaced the starter, which includes the solenoid, battery and new cables. Even tried a replacement ignition module with a new key and that didn't help...I am kind of at a loss. DJ even helped me disconnect the alarm to make sure it wasn't freaking out and kicking in the starter kill option it has. GRRRRRR.
it could possibly be something more serious,,,but after reading that,,,it sounds like a loose connection to me...

maybe acting up more in the wet weather?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 09-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Good to know!

It may be time to install an auxilary starter button, like on the old cars (before your time)
You use your key to activate the electricity and then push the separate starter button to crank it over.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread