Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one chased me off Rod, just on the other side of the State now. Still ride quite a bit, more than when I was in Seattle actually, but most of it is farm related now.

First I've heard of Hap in quite awhile, hope he's ok and just selling the quad because he wants to get out of the game.

Put about 60 miles on the Prairie the other day, just looking at some area's that are impassable due to mud and such to pickups right now. Carhart bibs, insulated of course, and a big coat were the attire of the day.

Don't stop in here that often anymore, seldom much going on.

Mike

Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Mike, good to hear from you!
HappaRap is just getting out of doing anything fun, just work and then more work.
Me, I like to enjoy life!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

how do you insert a picture from my computer because the insert a picture button wont let me do it

Old 03-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by Wozy
how do you insert a picture from my computer because the insert a picture button wont let me do it
You need to get more posts before you can post pictures.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Never heard the final outcome of that bad ankle of yours Rod. Is it back to full strength now? As bad as that was I suspect you still have some pain and weakness from time to time.

How's the business going? I know over here the remodel is picking up a bit but the new construction is in the toilet. Quite a few independents have closed up and moved out of the area, it's that bad. An old friend that was in the HVAC business closed up last fall and retired. Co-owner, his son, is now working for an outfit in Vancouver, Wa. Tough times for sure.

Wheat prices are up but the cost of operation has risen appreciably as well. Same old thing, struggle and survive.

We are doing well health wise and enjoying life. See all our kids and grandkids several times each week which is nice. Have my rifle range behind the house and a private "man cave" for my reloading and RC airplanes. Also have a fair size shop, 30' X 40', that I've set aside just for my garden tractors, quads and other such toys.

Retirement is great! Oh, I forgot, I'm not fully retired again, work one 12 hour shift, 7 PM to 7 AM, a week as a "Security Officer" (read that as "the guy that makes sure the gate stays closed") at a windmill site miles from nowhere at the end of a long road. Very quiet. Gives me a chance to get paid for reading and catching up on my writing. I get to wear a nice badge and everything. My son is the region supervisor for this company and they have trouble finding people that can pass the background and drug tests involved.

Take care Rod.

Mike

Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Hi Mike,
My foot/ankle is getting better but it hurts every day. How bad it hurts depends on what I've been doing during the day.
Walking down stairs bothers it the most and the last job I was on were 3 story condos.
After the drive home from Seatle I would limp to the house.

Work last year was great, this year, not so much. Everything has pretty much come to a screeching halt. Luckily we saved up enough to get through a few lean months.
Hopefully things will pick up soon.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Nice to hear from Mke.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Sorry to hear the ankle is still that bad Rod. These things can be slow to heal but I suspected it was progressing better than that.

Sounds like the work is a bit better up there than here. Last year there was nothing doing around here. Tough times for the independent even more so than the big outfits I do believe.

Diesel prices are so dang high now I'm sure glad the kids bought fuel last fall. At the present prices I'd hate to see them start spring work. Three or four hundred gallons a day adds up quick at todays tank prices. Fifteen gallon oil changes are expensive as well but it all has to be done. They are thinking about putting more land into pasture and bet on the price of grain staying high enough to shut down even more feed lots. Grass fat butcher animals are apt to become the norm for the next few years from the way it looks. At least having more cattle around will give me a reason to spend more time out on the quad. Years past I spent many days with a horse and a couple of good dogs. Nights where dark found me and eating what I packed in the saddle bags or shot. Now at least I'd be home to sleep in a soft bed and the days of open range mountain pasture are gone. I could still have a good dog and a rifle. Just shoot targets for the most part anymore. Except for the dang coyotes. Whatever the kids decide to do we, Linda and I, will go along with it. They've been doing better than most in the farming/ranching game the last several years. Tough times ahead for everyone in this economy I suspect. Sure hope things pick up for you folks.

Mike

Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Going riding this weekend, Tahuya, either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Going riding this weekend, Tahuya, either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.
So how did the ride go? All machines and riders come thru with minimal damage? Hope you all had a great time.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread