Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Speaking of carnage, Nate and I will be shopping around for a short block for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with a 3400 engine. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?
We thought maybe he had a broken motor mount so I had him rev the engine while I watched for any unusual engine movement to indicate a broken motor mount. The second time he revved it, it stuck a rod through the oil pan and through the side of the block!!!! I couldn't believe it! He didn't even come close to redline and he said he revs it higher than that getting on the freeway! The only thing lucky about it is that it happened in the driveway and not on the highway somewhere.
So now he is driving my truck and we will be swapping motors!
Anyone have an engine hoist and engine stand we can borrow?

Old 09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

Speaking of carnage, Nate and I will be shopping around for a short block for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with a 3400 engine. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

We thought maybe he had a broken motor mount so I had him rev the engine while I watched for any unusual engine movement to indicate a broken motor mount. The second time he revved it, it stuck a rod through the oil pan and through the side of the block!!!! I couldn't believe it! He didn't even come close to redline and he said he revs it higher than that getting on the freeway! The only thing lucky about it is that it happened in the driveway and not on the highway somewhere.

Anyone have an engine hoist and engine stand we can borrow?</end quote></div>

Ouch!!!!

I'm really surprised to hear that! That motor is pretty reliable motor from what I have heard. I have 230K on mine. He has the super charger on it right? I know Burien Toyota has lot's of knowledge on Modifide 3.4s with the super chargers. You might give them a call and see what they recomend. My cousin is a Toyota Tech down in California and he has seen it all. I will ask him if he has ever seen that happen before.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod Speaking of carnage, Nate and I will be shopping around for a short block for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with a 3400 engine. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?
Holy Smoke, Good Luck on that project [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250

Ouch!!!!
I'm really surprised to hear that! That motor is pretty reliable motor from what I have heard. I have 230K on mine. He has the super charger on it right? I know Burien Toyota has lot's of knowledge on Modifide 3.4s with the super chargers. You might give them a call and see what they recomend. My cousin is a Toyota Tech down in California and he has seen it all. I will ask him if he has ever seen that happen before.</end quote></div>

It shocked me! It only has 65K miles on it. And of course the warranty stopped at 60K miles!
I will give Burien Toyota a call. Do I ask for the service department?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I created a seperate album for videos in my PSAR Pics Link for the Naches ride and added a couple more. Five videos are going in my Goggle Video Link, they are too large for Picasa, it'll take me another day to get those completely loaded [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dazeys

Renegade is all stripped down and inspected.

Needs.

Radiator $171.94

Radiator suport bracket $85.02

Brake fluid reservoir $21.14

The front plastic is cracked but I can fix that it's in a place that can't be seen.

It's to new to get used parts so I have to go dealer.</end quote></div>

Google Can Am Renegade parts and the first two results had the parts for cheaper.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy

f150 cargo

400 ex X2

king quad X1

atc 250 X1

trx 250EX X1

5 bodies

2 coolers

4 pairs of riding boots

6 rolls of TP

5 camelbacks

2 gallons water

19 pair of goggles

47 dust masks

another PSAR group ride [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

U must of had plenty of gloves packed too. Thanxs for letting Brian try out a pair of them.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250

Ouch!!!!

I'm really surprised to hear that! That motor is pretty reliable motor from what I have heard. I have 230K on mine. He has the super charger on it right? I know Burien Toyota has lot's of knowledge on Modifide 3.4s with the super chargers. You might give them a call and see what they recomend. My cousin is a Toyota Tech down in California and he has seen it all. I will ask him if he has ever seen that happen before.</end quote></div>

It shocked me! It only has 65K miles on it. And of course the warranty stopped at 60K miles!

I will give Burien Toyota a call. Do I ask for the service department?</end quote></div>

I would start there. It's been a while since I talked to anyone there. I know they had quite a few TRD (Toyota Racing Development) parts and services about 5 years ago. I was looking at the super charger at one time and they were the place to have it done at the time. I didn't get one because of the cost, premium fuel and I wanted to keep my truck reliable! If I remember right it wasn't just slaping one and out the door. You needed new fuel managment and a few other tweaks and add-on's to make it work right. Big $ at the time.
Do you know if it was installed by toyota? At 65K I would definetly try and get it warrentied. It may take some work but may beworth trying. I know Toyota replaced my dads 3.0 V6 in his 150K 4runner because of water jacket/head gasket failier. Hew was the third owner too!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like I missed a fun ride again. Brian had a great time and didn't admit to it at first but is pretty sore from all the fun. Sounds like he took a page from Larry's manual and had Loic buy his breakfast after a not so quick bathroom dash.

Speaking of Loic I talked to Tow Boy today and told him I saw a green KFX that needed to be towed and it didn't look like Brians.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Speaking of Loic I talked to Tow Boy today and told him I saw a green KFX that needed to be towed and it didn't look like Brians.</end quote></div>
Yep, there's a video of Loic's KFX being towed up, but then, it wasn't the only one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread