Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

I'm changing the clutch weights on the Grizzly, the clutch plate nut is 22mm @100ft lbs, should I go with 1/2" or 3/8" impact? My 22mm socket is 3/8" but I do have a adapter for 1/2" drive.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Good cold morning PSAR!!

TNE NICE bike my brother has one of those & he LOVES it!! As does my oldest son, he's flattracked it a little bit we really wanted the motor to shove into our blaster frame [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that'd be SAWEEET haha but he won't give it up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] CONGRATS

Well just got a call from PUD they said someone recieved a letter about the service I've been getting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they are saying it is the contractor & they've had issues w/ this/him before ARGGGGG he could of called a LONG time ago to say what we are doing & it would of went ALOT faster but I'm glad they called they will be out tomarrow & if not then Wed. for sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] see my letter did work LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] funny thing is I'm sitting here once again w/ no heat ect. man this thing is SUCKING the propane wish it'd warm up a little outside, but I told the guy I was freezing as we speak & all the holidays ect. we've missed I told him I waz sure he didn't care though, says he does but what else is he going to say!!

Had a good Easter, Trev found 48 eggs we hid forhim inthe new house haha ate lots of ham & potatoes YUM

well better get off of here my fingers are frozen gonna go to Mom's for a HOT shower ect.

Have a good day

Old 03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Discount Tire in Auburn, $26.00 to change out 4 tires, 3 guys working together, in and out in 15 minutes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks Jayna [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap I'm changing the clutch weights on the Grizzly, the clutch plate nut is 22mm @100ft lbs, should I go with 1/2" or 3/8" impact? My 22mm socket is 3/8" but I do have a adapter for 1/2" drive.</end quote></div>
Ok, bought a 1/2" impact wrench and a new 1/2" 22mm socket, solved that problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Discount Tire in Auburn, $26.00 to change out 4 tires, 3 guys working together, in and out in 15 minutes [img][/img]

Thanks Jayna [img][/img]</end quote></div>

My pleasure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have always had very good luck with them. Hit and miss with Les's boys, so they lost my business. I understand the convenience thing, but I already drive all over anyway, so there's usually a Discount Tires on my way one day or another. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would rather go out of my way for great customer service than go next door and give my money to a shop that can't be consistent. It's just me, I'm a jerk like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

And WQ, since I haven't had time to stop on the forum much, CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming baby gurl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap I'm changing the clutch weights on the Grizzly, the clutch plate nut is 22mm @100ft lbs, should I go with 1/2" or 3/8" impact? My 22mm socket is 3/8" but I do have a adapter for 1/2" drive.</end quote></div>

Ok, bought a 1/2" impact wrench and a new 1/2" 22mm socket, solved that problem [img][/img]</end quote></div>

If thats not an impact socket be sure to keep your hands away from it while using it on the impact wrench. Regular sockets are prone to fracture and the steel shards are tough to dig out of fingers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Wanna see the scars? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

For a few bucks you can get impact socket sets at Harbor Freight. Not the greatest quality and kind of thick but the price is right and they work for we who don't use them full time.

By the way, you really need both 1/2 and 3/8 drive impact wrenches. Also, a little 3/8 air ratchet is super handy. You can never have too many tools, they always save you money you know. Least that's what I tell SWMBO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed If thats not an impact socket be sure to keep your hands away from it while using it on the impact wrench. Regular sockets are prone to fracture and the steel shards are tough to dig out of fingers. </end quote></div>
I picked up a Craftsman Impact ($40.00) and a 22mm Impact Socket ($12.00 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])
Nut came off with no problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread