Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyzThe sign at the station down at the corner read $4.99 today for diesel...</end quote></div>
Auburn's only up to $4.92 for diesel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

gas is out of control,,,,,deisel is way out of control

im glad i filled the 86 gallon tank on the boat when i pulled it out of the water over the winter,,,think i paid 2.79 at that point

also glad I sold the bronco,,,julie' jeep gets twice the mileage as the brown bomber,,,,and she only uses 1 tank of fuel a month

i feel sorry for the guy who has the long commute

oh yeah,,,good morning PSAR

happy memorial day weekend too!!!

so,,,how should i burn my fuel today??? hunting a fish,,,or camping,,,,,hmmmm

maybe i will spark a campfire behind the garage and camp there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

What the heck's everybody doing today?

My big venture is Costco, gonna ride one of them little scooters around and run over people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing gas is out of control,,,,,deisel is way out of control, happy memorial day weekend too!!! so,,,how should i burn my fuel today??? hunting a fish,,,or camping,,,,,hmmmm, maybe i will spark a campfire behind the garage and camp there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
Hummmm, gives me a idea, think we'll camp out in the Motorhome one night this weekend, is that really camping? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good morning PSAR!

Brenda and I sit here debating if we are going to head to Darrington. It is supposed to start raining before lunch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy Brenda and I sit here debating if we are going to head to Darrington. It is supposed to start raining before lunch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
Nothing but sunshine down this way, hope it doesn't turn south by lunch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Not going camping, or anywhere for that matter, this weekend. Way too much traffic and wild people out there. Be kind of like going to a bar on New Years Eve.

Going to get ready for next week, gotta put together a rack off the back of the pickup to support a tarp. Going to put a mattress in the pickup bed, take the little generator and use electric appliances. Coffee pot, hot plate, heater, electric lights and an air conditioner.

I'm thinking a couple of 2X4's extending off the roof rack with legs to support them at the out end, few crosspieces to keep them apart, screwed in place with drywall screws, and a big old silver tarp. Sounds sufficiently redneck enough for this fat old man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Going to have water and power where we're going so probably won't use the generator but we may get thrown out of the park. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] You never know. [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Was kind of thinking about taking the pickup with the camper ( 6 MPG [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] ) but opted for the redneck system and the little pickup ( 22+ MPG [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ).

Wonder if I ought to take a goat to tether nearby to make the operation look authentic?

Mike

Old 05-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: warriorqueen<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Buy yourself a diesel with a 38 gallon tank for a real fill up shocker [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>Try being self employed and filling up a log truck EVERY DAY! [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ok, I'll give you that one [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

The sign at the station down at the corner read $4.99 today for diesel...</end quote></div>

Glad we were able to buy diesel futures last year for the farm. Spring field work and the trucks are eating up over a eight hundred gallons a day. We have enough for this year but next year is a big question. I really don't see how many of the small businesses are able to absorb these costs, some are adding a fuel surcharge but it won't cover all the expense.

We have neighbors that have long commutes and in one case the husband has found it cheaper to quit his job and stay home to take care of the kids. Between the child care and fuel costs he's making more not working.

Congress has got to get off the dime and open up the oil reserves and allow off shore drilling or this economy is going in the dumper. Course this is all just my opinion and I could be wrong. But you know I'm not.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed Congress has got to get off the dime and open up the oil reserves and allow off shore drilling or this economy is going in the dumper. Course this is all just my opinion and I could be wrong. But you know I'm not.</end quote></div>
I heard a story on the oil reserves, if released, would only last for two months, don't know how true that is as I don't believe a word the suits say. What our goverment spends billions of dollars on every month burns my *** beyond belief and I'm sure Val is very tired of hearing of it, so time for me to shut my trap and just dig deeper in my pockets.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing

gas is out of control,,,,,deisel is way out of control

i feel sorry for the guy who has the long commute</end quote></div>

I bought the VW Jetta TDI last year because of the new job. I was driving the dually to work when not commuting with the wife. Now the wife commutes with me, her jeep gets about 14 mpg. The TDI gets between 43 and 46.

I drive the dually when I need to haul the trailer or need a pick-up.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread