Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dode

Chris did it come off your 400?</end quote></div>

Yes

Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dode no not new just something with a little sound to it thats all</end quote></div>

Just take the baffle out, that'll give it alittle rumble [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Search Ebay for Power Tip...Z400, KFX400, DVX400. Probably $30 or so. Pull the stock spark arrester out of the stock pipe, replace the end with the Power Tip, it has a bigger opening and end screen to replace the spark arrestor so you are still legal on the trails.

Or, I highly recommend the full Yoshimura Comp exhaust. Of course, it's a tad more expensive. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Please excuse my friend, sometimes I forget that he is a NEWBEEEEEE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

So Loic what is it that U want to achieve? Faster,sound,oregon legal?

Faster-U will want a full system($400-$600), the head pipe on the KawiZukiCat 400's is the restrictive part, so just a slip-on($200-$400) will only get U a horse or two and some sound. Also one thing to keep in mind is if U go full system then U have to rejet($25) Ur carb, and if U are going to do that then U might as well get a new high flow filter($100-$300) and adapter, which is also a restrictive part of the intake system of the 400's.

Sound-If a dull roar is all U are looking for and no need to rejet then the exhaust tips($30-$70) that Jayna mentioned on E-Bay are Ur best bet. That is what Lu had on her Arctic Cat and it sounded good had a spark arrestor but not a whole lot of performance increase.

Oregon dunes- Remember that they have a sound requirement and alot of aftermarket exhaust are close to 99-100 decibals without buying the extra quiet tip($60-$150).

Oh and Brian says that it will take alot more then exhaust to beat him[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dode no not new just something with a little sound to it thats all</end quote></div>
Just take the baffle out, that'll give it alittle rumble [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>
Search Ebay for Power Tip...Z400, KFX400, DVX400. Probably $30 or so. Pull the stock spark arrester out of the stock pipe, replace the end with the Power Tip, it has a bigger opening and end screen to replace the spark arrestor so you are still legal on the trails.
Or, I highly recommend the full Yoshimura Comp exhaust. Of course, it's a tad more expensive. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>
Please excuse my friend, sometimes I forget that he is a NEWBEEEEEE![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif" border="0[/IMG]
So Loic what is it that U want to achieve? Faster,sound,oregon legal?
Faster-U will want a full system($400-$600), the head pipe on the KawiZukiCat 400's is the restrictive part, so just a slip-on($200-$400) will only get U a horse or two and some sound. Also one thing to keep in mind is if U go full system then U have to rejet($25) Ur carb, and if U are going to do that then U might as well get a new high flow filter($100-$300) and adapter, which is also a restrictive part of the intake system of the 400's.
Sound-If a dull roar is all U are looking for and no need to rejet then the exhaust tips($30-$70) that Jayna mentioned on E-Bay are Ur best bet. That is what Lu had on her Arctic Cat and it sounded good had a spark arrestor but not a whole lot of performance increase.

Oregon dunes- Remember that they have a sound requirement and alot of aftermarket exhaust are close to 99-100 decibals without buying the extra quiet tip($60-$150).

Oh and Brian says that it will take alot more then exhaust to beat him[IMG]i/expressions/devil.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

But you only have to worry about the sound cops if you actually stop...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Besides, my Yosh passed sound test with the mid tip for the poker run. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] NEED to do a couple of those this year for sure!

I still haven't really tested my newest upgrades. Didn't get much out of 2nd or 3rd on the snow ride. I think I like the new shocks though, but again, hard to tell in the snow. Better than the pogo sticks, for sure.
New CDI has 9 curves. Not sure what to do with those yet. Think I need to putter with gearing now, too. Maybe I will even ride one of these months. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Haven't figured out the steering dampener mount yet....Think it came off an '05 and the brackets don't really fit on my '03 might be selling that back on Ebay...

Have fun with the upgrades Loic. Trying to keep up is all part of the fun of the sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Looks like the congress delayed the enforcement of the Consumer Protection Act affecting lead paint standards for another year since even they couldn't clarify specifics on who was required to test what.
I gotta assume this also gives the motorsports dealers a reprieve as well....Couldn't find MB's original post with the letter from Honda...Interesting

Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

mornin psar

RIP Jeremy Lusk!!

video of his last jump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...tfZbU0&feature=related

Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dode no not new just something with a little sound to it thats all</end quote></div> I highly recommend the full Yoshimura Comp exhaust. Of course, it's a tad more expensive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
+1

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Oh and Brian says that it will take alot more then exhaust to beat him [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
That is if Loic ever hits the trails again

Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good Morning PSAR! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Big snowstorm! Got maybe 3" (that's inches Hap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) at the most. We may be marooned till march! Not even enough to get the plow out for cripes sake.

I understand they ended up with around 8" along Hood's Cannel is some spots.

Off to the coffee drinking, story rehashing, liberal bashing, tax cussing, morning meeting.

Mike

Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed I understand they ended up with around 8" along Hood's Cannel is some spots</end quote></div>
There was 6" between Olympia and McCleary, too many spun out vehicles to count, don't people understand the words "Slow Down"

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread