Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

good mornin everyone

Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning PSAR.

Well, as I have been posting, I have spent a lot of time working on the yard this summer. If you were here in July when stuff was growing wild, you would be humming, "Welcome to the jungle" to yourself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I forgot to take before pictures at the very beginning! But this is the basic saga of the yard, if you are interested. If you aren't, go ahead and skip my post, I won't mind! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This is the small side yard after my mother and I spent a whole weekend clearing weeds that reached up to about 6.5 feet high. Ew!

This is the northeast corner of the yard after knocking down waist-high grass and weeds and taking out 5 little junky trees. There is still one more on the far right side of the picture - it is about to come down too!

Name:  DSC00002.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  173.1 KB

This is the mound that was created when someone took a small dozer to smooth out my yard and did not finish the job - grrr! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

This is the next mound the same person created - Michael wanted to ride his quad here, because together they made a weed-covered double! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

This is the crater of death. The angle of the picture makes it look small, but as Firerider can attest, this sucker could swallow a car!
Name:  DSC00013.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  163.2 KB

This would be the third mound o'weeds.

Name:  DSC00014.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  153.3 KB

See the tall weeds peeking over the fence? That is what my mom and I spent a whole weekend clearing out of the side yard!

Name:  DSC00015.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  149.6 KB

This is "THE STUMP" after mom and I spent a day hosing it and hitting it with the pick and shovel to knock off dirt and rocks.

Name:  DSC00001.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  183.6 KB

The next couple of pictures show the stump as we cut that sucker down to size and finally as RealtorRider and my helper Justin loaded part of it into the pick up. I had to go to two places before I could rent a big chainsaw - I found out at the first one that they wouldn't rent it to you if you told them it was for a stump!

Name:  DSC00006.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  181.0 KB

Name:  DSC00007.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  184.9 KB

Name:  DSC00008.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  187.1 KB

Name:  DSC00004.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  170.4 KB

Name:  DSC00016.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  95.2 KB

Next, we weeded and weeded and weeded and pulled TONS of weeds. After that we rototilled the entire yard so that we could rake the mounds into oblivion and fill the "crater of death". This is the northeast corner again.

Name:  DSC00019.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  182.8 KB

The next two pictures are of my helper Justin using the weed torch while his brother stood by with the hose just in case. The weed torch is the most coolest toy! [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]I won't mind weeding the gravel with that bad boy!

Name:  DSC00018.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  134.6 KB

Then we outlined an area around the perimeter of the yard with brick. The east side of the yard has bricks in a scallop shape. I will be planting a lawn in that side. The west side of the yard has a 86 x 22 foot driveway where I park the trailer (so its not out front - that will make my neighbors VERY happy) and there is room for a shed/garage.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

We spread caseron and then put heavy landscaping fabric in the area where the rocks will go.

Name:  DSC00020.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  163.0 KB

So, 15 yards of 1.5" drain rock needs to be distributed around the perimeter - woohoo!

Name:  DSC00022.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  157.1 KB

Name:  DSC00023.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  127.1 KB

That's all the pictures I have now. It is looking really really really good though. And that is how I am spending my summer vacation.

I have taken 3,580 lbs of weeds, part of the old fence, the stump (in pieces) and other stuff (almost all organic) to the landfill.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

morning PSAR

Old 08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

WOW Marcie you HAVE been working your butt off haha, it looks GREAT, do you want to come do my yard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I like the scallops you did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ahhh yes the good ol' "weed torch", Ron has one also(used for roofing) that he uses on the blackberry bushes on the hillsides in our yard gotta LOVE it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good job!!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Just a bump [img][/img]

Naches Trail Ride September 13th [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I am in! I'll let my neighbors know.

As long As I do not have picket line duty that day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
"One Wheel Short"

I need more info on this nacho cheese trail ride. Time, where to meet.......

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Just a bump [img][/img]

Naches Trail Ride September 13th [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I will be in the sandbox down at Florence that week end. You all have a good time.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
"One Wheel Short"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MJF4866 According to today's Register-Guard (Eugene Newspaper), Cottage Grove. There was a article about tonights documentary on A&E's Biography Channel.</end quote></div>

Guess I'd better do alittle searching, I'm lost on this post [img][/img]</end quote></div>

You and me both!</end quote></div>

animal house parade........ and I drink....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MJF4866 According to today's Register-Guard (Eugene Newspaper), Cottage Grove. There was a article about tonights documentary on A&E's Biography Channel.</end quote></div>

Guess I'd better do alittle searching, I'm lost on this post [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

You and me both!</end quote></div>

animal house parade........ and I drink....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

And I'm slow on the ,,,,,,oh hell,,,,,,,,,nevermind!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy I need more info on this nacho cheese trail ride. Time, where to meet.......</end quote></div>
We'll come up with that info alittle later, but we usually have breakfast just outside of Enumclaw, takes about 30 minutes or so to get to the staging area.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread