Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay However, I am slumming on a Honda so I don't miss the ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 09-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i missed my anniversary by 3 days

Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good morning PSAR!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sure hope this kid turns out OK.
I haven't heard the details on this story, so my comments are just reminders and not commenting on this particular situation.
The last time I heard a story like this the rider didn't survive and was found decesased a week later.

It's situations like this why we shouldn't ride alone, and why when riding in a group always keep an eye on the person behind you. If the person behind you disappears and you stop to wait, eventually everybody in front of you will do the same. That way if somebody does disappear in a situation similar to this, it will give you a good idea what area they are in and to look for them. In the world of Search and Rescue, knowing the PLS (Place last seen or known) is very critical to finding the lost person. The more you can narrow that area down, the better and faster the search will go, and chances for survival increased.
On my PSAR rides this hasn't been much of an issue. Maybe a couple reminders, but this group has always done a great job looking after each other.
We did have a situation on a ride in Capitol Forest a few years ago. Somebody didn't make a corner and went down into a thick brushy area, it was hard to see them from the road. They were not hurt bad but needed help getting their quad out of the mess and back up to the road and hauled back to camp. I'm pretty sure Larry was there, and maybe even Rod. I know Larry was there when I blew a corner and ended up way off the road, luckliy by brother was behind me and saw where I went off and over the side.

Ride Safe and have fun. Wish I was going to the Naches, that will be fun.

=======================================

SEATTLE:
After official search called off, <u>ATV rider missing four days found</u>
THE NEWS TRIBUNE Published: September 8th, 2008 01:00 AM
An ATV rider who was missing for four days in Spokane County was reported to be in critical condition Sunday at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center with head injuries.
John Wipf, 21, was found Sunday at the bottom of a steep embankment about a quarter-mile south of the area crews and family members had been searching in south Spokane County.

Rescue crews called off the official search for Wipf on Saturday night, but members of his church and family continued looking for him. One of them found him and his ATV on the side of a ravine Sunday. Wipf was last seen about 10 a.m. Wednesday. Searchers began looking for him Thursday.

He was taken to the Deaconess Medical Center in Spokane, then transferred to Harborview on Sunday evening.

The Associated Press

Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

i was just going to post a link to that Sean

hope he pulls thru

never ride alone

Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR

Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Morning/afternoon PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well I worked my last day till.......................................who knows today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] at least I got a full day in, wasn't sure if I was going to so that was cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yeppers NEVER ride alone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] said it before even if your putting in my book but whatever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trev gets his new Cub Scout uniform tomarrow, I'll post a pic of him in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] was supposed to go today but something came up so going tomarrow shopping w/ Pink Grammy

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Evening PSAR

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread