Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Evening PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Well sounds like maybe things may be looking good @ work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we will see in the next week, hope all works out w/ the strike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TractorPacker

Where did you all say you were going to get your turkey sandy?</end quote></div>

Rod and a few others will be at Half Moon Bay.

Michael and I will be at Horsfall Beach (yes! I double checked the rezzies!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Not sure where the others will be.

Are ya heading to da dunes to get yer turkey sandy too?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

his just in my e-mail from the union

Machinists in Tentative Deal with Boeing

October 27, 2008, Washington, D.C. Spam word  The International Association of
Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) announced today that it reached a
tentative agreement with the Boeing Company

The tentative agreement has the unanimous endorsement of the IAM negotiating
committee and will be presented to members for a ratification vote, which
will take place in 3-5 days. A simple majority is required to ratify the
tentative agreement.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nwcutie<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TractorPacker Where did you all say you were going to get your turkey sandy?</end quote></div> Rod and a few others will be at Half Moon Bay. Not sure where the others will be.</end quote></div>
I'll be at Vals brothers house visiting all the inlaws in Phewgallup, no Sandy Turkey for us this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy

his just in my e-mail from the union

Machinists in Tentative Deal with Boeing

October 27, 2008, Washington, D.C. Spam word  The International Association of

Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) announced today that it reached a

tentative agreement with the Boeing Company

The tentative agreement has the unanimous endorsement of the IAM negotiating

committee and will be presented to members for a ratification vote, which

will take place in 3-5 days. A simple majority is required to ratify the

tentative agreement.</end quote></div>

WAHOO!!!! GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Hope they pulled their head out of their collective ***** and gave you a reasonable contract.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy The tentative agreement has the unanimous endorsement of the IAM negotiating committee and will be presented to members for a ratification vote, which will take place in 3-5 days. A simple majority is required to ratify the tentative agreement.</end quote></div>
There's a few hundred thousand folks that would have been more than happy to vote ya for the last agreement, but then they don't work for Boeing, they're in a unemployment line somewhere.

Good Luck with this agreement, hope ya'll get back to work.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay Hope they pulled their head out of their collective ***** and gave you a reasonable contract.</end quote></div>
Boeing will always have more to give, you just have to squeeze it out of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy The tentative agreement has the unanimous endorsement of the IAM negotiating committee and will be presented to members for a ratification vote, which will take place in 3-5 days. A simple majority is required to ratify the tentative agreement.</end quote></div>

There's a few hundred thousand folks that would have been more than happy to vote ya for the last agreement, but then they don't work for Boeing, they're in a unemployment line somewhere.

Good Luck with this agreement, hope ya'll get back to work.</end quote></div>

And the corporate reliance on the insecurity of their workforce has what has allowed such things as laying off 10,000 or 20,000 workers to cut costs and still pay their CEO's ridiculous bonuses even when they bankrupt the company.
OR taxpayers write a fat check to them so they can go on a $500,000 exclusive retreats even AFTER they've been declared "too big to fail".
This contract wasn't just about the money. The MOST important thing the union was asking for was worker security. They were asking for controls on the company outsourcing even more work, and the company wanted the union to agree to lay off 2000 employees. Funny how 1 or 2 of the upper management could be cut to compensate for the pay of all those employees.

And one last little thing before I jump down off my soapbox...Unions are important for everyone. Not just the members. When a union requires a company to pay a better wage, provide better benefits, and treat their workforce(which is why a company succeeds and grows)fairly and by a set of rules, it helps raise expectations of other companies to provide better pay and benefits.
Some will just say "go shop and spend your money and this will all be ok". When people aren't paid a living wage, and basic living expenses can't even be met by working a 40+hour week OR even with a couple jobs, there's no room to buy anything extra. Proof is in the pudding.

Labor Unions built this country and raised the middle class up to support this consumer economy. They have been attacked and vilified for far too long. They aren't appropriate for every situation, but look around and see how many people who are not union members, but are directly affected by the Boeing workforce not having their wage and benefits these last couple months and tell me it doesn't make a huge positive difference in our economy and a direct negative effect when they are not shopping, or even using basic services, going out to dinner, etc.

And there are two surefire ways to start a passionate argument with friends or family and that is to bring up religion or politics. I try to stay away from it and sometimes can't help it. Agree with me or not, I am stepping down from my soapbox now. Ya'll have a nice day.

And again, I hope the machinists get a good contract offering. It does affect us all.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay Unions are important for everyone. Not just the members.

And there are two surefire ways to start a passionate argument with friends or family and that is to bring up religion or politics.

And again, I hope the machinists get a good contract offering. It does affect us all.</end quote></div>
I am a vested Teamster Member in good standing with a withdrawal card due to job loss. I understand unions and support them.

I personally don't refer to the contract negotiations as policital.

It effects me personally as it does others, I do hope this agreement puts them back to work.

Now it's SPEEAs turn [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread