Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good Morning PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Another beautiful day shaping up. Cut up a bunch of scrap lumber yesterday, pick it up with a trailer behind the quad at the demo site and take it to the shop where I cut it up with the chop saw. Very easy and quick, way faster than using a chainsaw. Now if I could just get it to levitate to the wood box by the stove.

Christmas shopping trip with my girls this morning, that ought to have me in nap mode by the time we get home.

You all have a great day.

Mike

Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning. Busy week, but I finally have time to post re: Thanksgiving. It is a long one.

We went down to Winchester on Wednesday evening. I had prepaid rezzies for Horsfall Beach, but Michael really wanted to do some fast riding with the group and my boyfriend was interested in meeting the people I talk about. I had told him how great everyone was. So, thanks to Joel and Karl, we had a spot and I gladly paid the extra $80 to make the family happy.

The weather was the best we have had at Thanksgiving at the dunes in the six years we have been going. Nice and warm until we walked over to the group camp to say hello on Thursday. Talk about a wind chill! It felt like we were in Siberia!!!!!!!! The only really friendly and polite people in the group site were Bill's parents. The others were distant and cold. We just shrugged it off and spent Thanksgiving with my family.

Friday we tried again and it was ice cold! People were so rude and it was so obvious that Dave asked me, "WHY do you like these people?" Hmmm....good question. Even though I had suggested the pizza feed, when I went to confirm the time, I could not get a straight answer, just an "I guess that's the plan" from one person, no response at all from the others. Now, I am disgusted.

There were several shining spots to the weekend. First, TP, MB, and buds were awesome and made us feel welcome. It was Dave and Riley's (his son) first trip with my group and to be honest they thought everyone EXCEPT TP, MB, Steve, and Vince were jerks. We had a great time at their fire (since we weren't invited to movie night.) The other awesome thing was the riding - we had fun.

Now I know I have been a jerk myself in the past, but a year ago, I owned it, accepted responsibility for my actions, apologized, changed my ways, and MOVED ON. It is too bad that others can't seem to move past that as well. For myself, I am glad that these individuals exposed themselves for what they really are, both good (TP, MB, and their buddies), bad and ugly (you know who you are.) Unfortunately, you also really hurt Michael's feelings and he has lost a lot of faith and respect for people he once looked up to.

I see a lot of posts about how great this group is. Hmmm... I don't think so - at least not everyone. Bill King had a stroke and not one person from PSAR bothered to even pick up the darn phone and call him, much less visit. This, even though he helped organize the phone lists, yahoo site, and otherwise contributed a LOT to this group getting going. The self-righteous hypocrisy of some folks just sickens me.

I also look at the old roster and see the number of folks who have left. Some of them have had life changing experiences and moved on. Others have been literally run off by the politics and horrible behavior. I know I had run off someone who was popular and I did apologize so GET OVER IT.

I know that this is a long post. I wanted to make sure I had time to think about the situation and did not just pop off without thinking as might have happened in the past - again, I am changing my ways. I do want to state the facts and send a clear message.

I am thankful that I know now who is worth my time and effort and who is NOT. I feel sad that the group has splintered so much over the last 5 years and the backstabbing is so intense.

I will monitor the thread and post Bill updates because I believe a few people actually care about him. FRIENDS, feel free to pm me and I will pm you back. The rest of you, well, you do whatever because I really don't care enough to waste effort on you.

p.s. Thanks again, TP, MB, Steve, Vince, and FireRider's parents and sweet little Regan (I love your pink quad!)

Old 12-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 We missed you and Val on this last trip. Hope you can make the next one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
We miss camping with you guys also, heck it's been a year since last trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 We missed you and Val on this last trip. Hope you can make the next one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

We miss camping with you guys also, heck it's been a year since last trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

1 year, eight months!
But who's counting?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Good Morning PSAR!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 We missed you and Val on this last trip. Hope you can make the next one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div> We miss camping with you guys also, heck it's been a year since last trip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]</end quote></div> 1 year, eight months! But who's counting?</end quote></div>
WTH you talking about, Sandy Turkey, last November, geeze, what a goof ball [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

mornin psar!!!,,,,slept late today,,,yikes

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread