Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Bill, sorry to hear of you Grandfather's passing.
Please take comfort in knowing that you and your family are in a lot of friends prayers.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill and Brenda, Larry and I are also very sad to hear of the loss of your Grandfather. Of course there is never a good time but it just seems so wrong during the holidays. Our prayers are with you and your family during this rough time.

Val

Old 12-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Well Eleanore(Elinore according to DJ) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] is ready to GO RACIN' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] she's slammed to the ground w/ her purty dancin' shoes on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] man it's been a LONG time since I've seen her that way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Got DJ some riding gear that actually fits him, damn kid is skinny, he wears a size 30 pant now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but at least they aren't falling off his azz he won't be pulling them up all the time either!! Then got his gear all cleaned up & cleaned the cobwebs off of it haha, then we pulled out the video camera & watched some of his races, he's pretty nervous, it's been a long time for him I told him to just go out & have fun don't be killing yourself!! Man that kid was fast on his last races up @ Hannegan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] he said "I didn't realize we were going that fast" it was cool to watch it on the big TV too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well hope everyone is not blowing away, Dasher & Dancer have taken a nose dive off the gutter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] they are hangin' by a wire LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] they'll get fixed tomarrow I guess. The inflatables on the roof have been deflated for the duration of the storm as they scampered all over the roof haha

HAVE A GOOD ONE ALL

Joel, Mark that crap is nasty you got, Ron & Trev & Katie all have/had it, I think mine was maybe a flu bug?? Dj's was just a headache? My brother said DJ must of made a miraculous recovery LOL, I said heck yeah when it comes to racing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

Kinda glad we don't get snow like this, but the dog seems to be having fun!

Bailey the reindog

Stay warm and dry everyone.</end quote></div>

Haha tht was good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I love Harry Konick too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] man I remember snow like that back home, drifts so high they were to the barn roof [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] now THAT'S a snow drift haha

Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

the engine is out of the 350 and the topend is off of it. It is going to need a left case half. this one is not repairable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

Chris,

The Honda may be different but on the 400EX and the 450R you have to turn the outside axle nut towards the inside nut to expose a ring clip on the axle. Once you expose this clip and remove it you can then unscrew both axle nuts off the axle.

When I did the bearings on my 400 the first time Joel came over and neither of us could break it loose. I ended up cutting the outer axle nut of fwith a cold chisel.</end quote></div>

Jayna sent me a pdf of the service manual and I didn't see and mention of a clip. It also doesn't really say how the axle is threaded. I may have to use the chisel method! I'll figure it out tomorrow hopefully.</end quote></div>

The pdf also shows a pic of the two nuts and has arrows indicating they turn opposite to each other. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Are you refering to Fig. 19? I think there referencing the shoulders on the nuts match up. If you put both nuts in line on the figure the arrows both turn counter clockwise. I did notice it references table 3 for proper tightening. Do you have table 3?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

I appreciate everyone's condolences.

Gramps lived a good life for 85 years. He was married to my Grandma for 67 years [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He quit packing a chainsaw at age 71 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He had 7 kids, and too many grand kids and great grands to count. He loved his work and his family very much. He is even the first person to take us to Sand Lake when I was a freshman in high school. I hope all of us can live a good life like Gramps did.

Thank you again.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maggiesboy

I appreciate everyone's condolences.

Gramps lived a good life for 85 years. He was married to my Grandma for 67 years [img][/img] He quit packing a chainsaw at age 71 [img][/img] He had 7 kids, and too many grand kids and great grands to count. He loved his work and his family very much. He is even the first person to take us to Sand Lake when I was a freshman in high school. I hope all of us can live a good life like Gramps did.

Thank you again.</end quote></div>

Sounds like a cool Grand dad! Sorry to hear he's gone.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Yes it does sound like he was pretty cool. Sorry for your loss Bill.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Their off! Ok. Here's how to remove axle nuts on a Z400. Heat the hell out of the nuts till they turn red and use a big pry bar. Note: Standard threads.. counter clockwise to loosen both. Looks like they use a lot of thread lock during assembly. Thanks for everyones input [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread