Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod Snowing like a sumbitch up here tonight!</end quote></div>
Nothing happening down this way [img]i/expressions/sun.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Got home at 6:00, cleared the driveway closest to the house with the tractor... had about 12" of snow. Then, proceeded to go down the rest of the driveway and got the tractor stuck. Started sliding sideways into the ditch, so we got the jeep out and winched it through the creek and back up onto the road.

Then Mrs. Toyz got the jeep stuck on the lower part of the driveway... we aired down the tires and rocked it back and forth. Got it un-stuck and back to the house.

The Jetta is stuck at the end of the driveway by the road in our turn-around. I oppened the door and was pushing snow when I got out. It will stay there for a while...

Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Snowed another 2 inches since I cleared the driveway...

Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

It doesn't look like we'll be able to pull the jetta up to the house until the snow melts... We need to get 'da boy's truck to the end of the driveway so he can go to work. He won't make it into work tomorrow, but we'll try to get his truck to the driveway tomorrow when we get home...

Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz Got home at 6:00, cleared the driveway closest to the house with the tractor... had about 12" of snow. Then, proceeded to go down the rest of the driveway and got the tractor stuck. Started sliding sideways into the ditch, so we got the jeep out and winched it through the creek and back up onto the road. Then Mrs. Toyz got the jeep stuck on the lower part of the driveway... we aired down the tires and rocked it back and forth. Got it un-stuck and back to the house. The Jetta is stuck at the end of the driveway by the road in our turn-around. I oppened the door and was pushing snow when I got out. It will stay there for a while...</end quote></div>
There's a country song they play in Canada about trucks getting stuck while out mudding, sounds just like your situation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I got stuck at Twin City Foods today, it wasn't fun in Stanwood this afternoon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Hummmm, wonder what it's like calling into work, "sorry boss, can't make it in today, nasty road conditions", maybe I should give it a shot [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I can give you the other perspective... had 6 people call in for that reason today. The only difference is they can work from home.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Stanwood was nasty today, 2mny must not be paying his taxes, they weren't plowing or sanding up there [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Taxes were paid... they just blew it away on scandinavian lap dances...

Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Larry, Do U know if a driver can file for unemployment if their deliveries slow down from full time to only one day a week?</end quote></div>

Seems I heard something along those lines a while back, I can check around. Is Brian down that far on hours? We're down to 35 a week, times are getting worse by the week [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Since Thanksgiving he has only had one day a week. Last year the liquor stores almost ran out for the holidays. This year they overstocked and thus no deliveries needed at this time. I think liquor makes up 80% of Pozzi's business.
I keep telling him on these days he has off he should be pounding the pavement for a weekend job till things pick back up.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Karl,

Just sub snow for mud [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Stuck Song

Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Hummmm, wonder what it's like calling into work, "sorry boss, can't make it in today, nasty road conditions", maybe I should give it a shot</end quote></div> I can give you the other perspective... had 6 people call in for that reason today. The only difference is they can work from home.</end quote></div>
Probably a good thing, less people on the road getting themselves in trouble [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread