Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap What are we doing tomorrow Rod?</end quote></div> I told you that on the phone earlier today.</end quote></div>
I'm old, I forget [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap 6% reduction in workers for Boeing this year, 10% next year, Ouch </end quote></div> I saw the 6%, but not the 10%. The 4,500 was for BCA, the 10,000 total for Boeing, which includes space and defense. The 4,500 number for BCA hasn't changed as far as I know.</end quote></div>
Well, you know how the media is, they said Boeing was looking at an additional 10% next year unless the economy changes this year. The media gave a number of 20,000 for the 2 yr period, but what do they know and I certainly don't know, so I'll just keep my mouth zipped

Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Still plenty of room at the breakfast table Sunday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap 6% reduction in workers for Boeing this year, 10% next year, Ouch </end quote></div> I saw the 6%, but not the 10%. The 4,500 was for BCA, the 10,000 total for Boeing, which includes space and defense. The 4,500 number for BCA hasn't changed as far as I know.</end quote></div>

Well, you know how the media is, they said Boeing was looking at an additional 10% next year unless the economy changes this year. The media gave a number of 20,000 for the 2 yr period, but what do they know and I certainly don't know, so I'll just keep my mouth zipped </end quote></div>

I'm not in the loop, I only see what is publically announced. Generally I read it in the media, I just hadn't come across the 10% number yet. No need to keep quiet, I'm just as interested in what gets announced.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Still plenty of room at the breakfast table Sunday [img][/img]</end quote></div>

We'll see how I feel on Sunday, I have a nasty cold right now. What time is breakfast?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Still plenty of room at the breakfast table Sunday</end quote></div> We'll see how I feel on Sunday, I have a nasty cold right now. What time is breakfast?</end quote></div>
8:00am Breakfast
Pattys Egg Nest
Staging area around 9:30am
Finish riding around 3:00pm

I don't know how long it takes to get from Pattys to the staging area, I'm just guessing, figuring about 5 hrs of riding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz We'll see how I feel on Sunday, I have a nasty cold right now.</end quote></div>
Sorry you're feeling alittle , hope you're feeling better by Sunday.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz

The 4,500 number for BCA hasn't changed as far as I know.</end quote></div>

Karl, I really hope you are right.... next friday is on my mind big time...

Old 02-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good Morning PSAR! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yikes, more layoffs in Seattle? Hope they miss all you folks. What amazes me is I've heard nothing of the City, County or State laying anyone off. Seems like there would be some cutbacks if the taxes are slowing down.

Guess I'll be in Seattle next sunday to pick up the last load of stuff I have to haul down to the farm. Finally, the move will be done. Wish everyone could make up their minds what belongs where. One bedroom set came down here and then went back up there. Cripes, bad enough when SWMBO can't decide which side of the living room the couch should be on.

Shooting match today with a fellow who apparently is the best shot in the world. Subject came up over coffee yesterday and this dude, who has been in the area just under a year, made some rash statements. We'll see how it works out.

Time for coffee with opinionated old _arts like Bing and Rod.

Mike

Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed Time for coffee with opinionated old _arts like Bing and Rod.</end quote></div>
Rod opinionated? You gotta be kidding, he never has an opinion

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread