Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for good places to ride in NH

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Looking for good places to ride in NH

I've ridden Claremont a number of times and am a member from Mass. There is, like many areas, issues with landowners that have closed a couple of trails. There are trails with deep water/mudholes like Cat Hole Road. Some good rocky technical climbs and a little bit of open it up trails. I've found it to be a good place to ride all different types of terrain. Come very close to getting stuck a few times. Winched out a few people here and there. The website is SCATV I've done trail work with them and a couple of rides. Good bunch of people. Membership is cheap too. I think it's $30 per family of 4. The trail that used to go from the Burger King into the woods is closed. The directions to park near the trails are as follows: For now, use the Cat Hole road as a loading zone. To get to Cat Hole Road you want to take Winter Street to Veterans Park Road. You will then go up the hill and you will come to a intersection, you will want to bare left, go straight up the hill. The road changes to a dirt road (class vi), up on the sides of this road you will see turn offs that you can park and off load your Dirt Bikes or ATV's. Winter street is in Claremont. I think you can find it using Mapquest. They are working on a way around the closed Burger King trail but I haven't heard of anything yet. I'll post back here when I hear anything. There are some really good trails. I've been on them at least a dozen times but still haven't found them all.