Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike,i bet the trails are nice and MUDDY now!!! ohhh yaaa! maybe this sunday? lets see if some of these guys on this site will go.
I'm heading out saturday morning with my father in law and his 250- probably go too slow for you but I'll probably head out again on sunday for a few hours- get some more video.

any one else want to join on sunday?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not been to Pittsfield on an ATV yet but I hear is pretty good but crowded on the weekends. For now I just plan on riding the areas around my house. Power lines, water lines, and some of the mountains.

Many of the areas out here have been closed by the tree hugger enviro goon squad

Here is a link to Tolland. We use to snowmobile there years back.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/toll.htm

Old 03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

hey troy,
tolland trails are on the october mountain you can see it on googl maps there is like 18 miles of trails it's an ok trail just small (not a lot of miles) it's also used for snowmoblies in winter they have over 100 miles of trails in the same area plus connectors that the atv can't use

atvjumpers

Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I've been there- if memory serves me correctly- it was really rocky / rooty and some of the side trails were pretty tight (because they were foot trails )

Better riding around me here in douglas. But it is a nice area- very scenic. People just have issues with atv's (especially loud sport quads & 2 stroke bikes)

Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
I'm heading out saturday morning with my father in law and his 250- probably go too slow for you but I'll probably head out again on sunday for a few hours- get some more video.

any one else want to join on sunday?
Sunday sounds good for me, ya i gotta probably slow down abit,at least until my health ins kicks back in the weathers gonna be BALMY! 65 to 68!all weekend! ttys.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvjumpers
hey troy,
tolland trails are on the october mountain you can see it on googl maps there is like 18 miles of trails it's an ok trail just small (not a lot of miles) it's also used for snowmoblies in winter they have over 100 miles of trails in the same area plus connectors that the atv can't use

atvjumpers
Sounds good,have to check it out this spring,let me know when you'll hit and i can meet you guys up there.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

Hi, new to this site. I just moved back to MA a few months ago and have been looking for some where ride, I live up in grafton so i am not that far from you. I would love to meet up and hit these trails. any week end is good for e and yes i do have a 4x4, i drove around for 4 hours yesterday lookning for some where, with no luck, the only place i know of to ride in this state is where i grew up near the plymouth state forrest, so if you could please email me at dwyer83177@yahoo.com and lets do this. i spent all morining yesterday washinging it up cleaning the plugs and wheels and radiator, now i am itching to get it all dirty again.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Hi Dwyer- would love to ride with you- Troy & I meet up often and ride together around me- we do a good 45-50 miles in a day.

I spent the entire weekend with my father in law & uncle on the trails did a total of about 78 miles. Unfortunately, on the last mile before home, my uncle was going too fast through a tight trail and clipped a tree, and the popo climbed right up it and flipped over and rolled into another tree, tore off the whole handle bar cluster, gauges & all! so- I'm out for a week or two until the new parts arrive. Ordered them today- over $300 worth.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

man that stinks, i know how it is, in the beginning of feb. i was doing some night ridding down on the south shore and my brother rolled is 07 polaris 800, and did alot of damage, i still cant believe he walked awayfrom b/c we were doing about 50mph when it happened, its like it blew apart when it kept hitting the ground, and we were about 5-10 miles from home when i happened, it was about 100 feet of polarise peices down the side of the trail, not to mention it was only about 10 degrees out and 11pm. I have the itch to go. that was the last time i went for a ride, his wheeler is still all jacked up. call me some time, i sent you a pm with my info.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

man that stinks, i know how it is, in the beginning of feb. i was doing some night ridding down on the south shore and my brother rolled is 07 polaris 800, and did alot of damage, i still cant believe he walked awayfrom b/c we were doing about 50mph when it happened, its like it blew apart when it kept hitting the ground, and we were about 5-10 miles from home when i happened, it was about 100 feet of polarise peices down the side of the trail, not to mention it was only about 10 degrees out and 11pm. I have the itch to go. that was the last time i went for a ride, his wheeler is still all jacked up. call me some time, i sent you a pm with my info.
damn! 11pm- winter, 10 miles from home, parts everywhere... I've never been in it that bad! That really sucks-

Next time Troy & I hit the trails for a day, I'll give you a call- probably weekend after next. We're also planning a ride up north if you're interested. Until then, feel free to come over any time. Tons of trails around me- I'm home from work around 4pm (usually)
If you want to head over this thursday after work, I can find a small loaner atv (250 ozark) and I'll show you some of the local trails off the grid- then you can park at my place anytime you want to ride.
I know Troyboy68 is a riding junky now- and is probably thinking of selling his painting business to be on the trails full-time So shoot him an email also and see what he's up to (besides looking at naughty pictures on his pc )

Quick Reply: Massachusetts trails