Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the grid trails around us are perfect for night riding- pretty wide open, and there's a ton of pits and camp sites around. If any of you guys want to park at my house- we can leave right from my yard around 7ish- ride a few hours - light a fire, eat- drink and chill.
I think everyone is pretty close so, shouldn't be a problem driving home. I have a spare room to offer if it's needed. Shoot me a pm for my address if you're interested.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Grafton. Just sent a pm to dwyer83177 as he is in the same town.

We also have trails out of the backyard. Quite a few Friday night rides here.

Been muddy with all this rain after the snow melt....good thing for a winch!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

maybe we can all get togather and have some fun I'll bring the "sodas"

Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dwyer83177
maybe we can all get togather and have some fun I'll bring the "sodas"
Ice too!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

I can fit three 30 racks of "pepsi" aswel ice and gear in my cargo box, we should be good. lets go have some fun

Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

BG - Looking for some help on my busted up old Honda 450 I noticed you were from Douglas. I live up on the whitin res and me and my neighbor sometimes go out riding the gas-line or up thru the forest to the trunk-line trail. I didn't know about the CT Grid your talking about. Wonder if I can connect into it.

PS.. Do you know any locals who can fix my transmission? First gear is grinding/slipping/and going. Im gonna buy a new foreman prob in the next month but wanna try to sell the old one after-wards and prob can do better if its running smooth.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

gas-line or up thru the forest to the trunk-line trail. I didn't know about the CT Grid your talking about. Wonder if I can connect into it.
yep- the gas line crosses the grid lines in ct- then I take the gas line up to the quaddick reservoir and come back on the grid lines. Tons of trails in between. I think the grid lines still go past the quaddick, but I cant figure it out yet.
I found a nice trail that takes me to the RI side of wallum lake, but then it seems to vanish once I hit wallum, I know the other side of wallum has trails that get you to webster lake, but I can't figure out how to connect across wallum (without a boat ) but troyboy68 figured out the trails to go from the grid system -that'll get you to the webster lake & wallum lake area on the mass side. There's a nice set of wide trails that go around wilson lake, that you can get to from the grid- that you can take to get to webster lake, which is where we usually meet... There has to be a set of trails that'll get you from manchog lake to the grid!
I'd stay off the wallum lake state hiking trails though- lots of hikers on a warm day.

oh- and this is all accesable from my back yard

Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yah generally i don't go on the hiking trails except for nights and during winter and that's really the only way I can get all the way to the SNETT or to Walum via Schmidt (sp) trail across rt 16. On my side of 16 we got the mid-state trail that connects into the trails around Ridgeroad and the backside of the res with lots of trails off it. Generally if its a day ride non winter we will take gas line (hard slow riding) up to meet the mid-state trails that have a bunch of riding near Webster/oxford between the res and nimmunk pond rod and gun club.

During winter so much faster as I can shoot across the lake thru the trails and be on walum very fast avg like 25-30mph in the trails.

So on the SNETT where i come out I can cross over to the walum hiking trails or i can ride south and can make it all the way down to RI before it gets sort of filled with houses and then it gets all bumpy about max iv gone. Or go north for always before houses.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

So on the SNETT where i come out I can cross over to the walum hiking trails or i can ride south and can make it all the way down to RI before it gets sort of filled with houses and then it gets all bumpy about max iv gone. Or go north for always before houses.
I know a lot of side trails to get around those houses- if it's the same spot I'm thinking off in RI. I own the property next to the wallum lake rod & gun club (on the other side of the power lines) I have 4 acres and a small patch of it abutts their property. So I pick up the trail way down in douglas, ma- crossing rt 96 (south st.)

I'd like to check out your trail system in the oxford area-

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Old 03-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
I know a lot of side trails to get around those houses- if it's the same spot I'm thinking off in RI.
This is about where I quit.. gets mogoly on the trail.
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Generally I ride up here in this area:

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
There is a gas line to the north you can see that both my friend and I live on.

Quick Reply: Massachusetts trails