Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have to do some minor work to the atv I purchased and also have to get my NH registration. But I'll be checking this forum frequently to see if you guys are going on any rides as soon as the bike is up and running.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I just thought of something else. I know that the public trails in MA don't open until May so I don't need to register there yet, but should I go ahead and register in NH? If so how do I go about doing that? In person or online? Oh and I also checked out the 90 page thread you guys have on here as well. I have definitely been missing out on some good times for way too long. Can't wait to hit the trails.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CtBandit
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have to do some minor work to the atv I purchased and also have to get my NH registration. But I'll be checking this forum frequently to see if you guys are going on any rides as soon as the bike is up and running.

An 09 Grizzly and it already needs work? Shoulda got a Honda....just kidding. The Grizzly is a sweet ride. Seems like that's what everyone is buying these days.

NH registration is simple. Theres a few places right near where we ride that sell them. All you need is the VIN number and $74 and they'll give you a sticker. Only problem is you'll only get half a year cause they all expire at the end of June. Totally worth it though. Because unlike some states, the majority of the money goes toward trail maintenance.

As for MA registration, its a rip off and I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Not sure where you live but NH is a better bet and its just as close as the one decent place in MA they let you ride.

See you on the trail soon.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

CtBandit,, Reg in Ma.too next spring,we go to October Mt in Lee Ma,the trails are sweet and we can do 45miles in a day! Whats up with your Grizzly???

Old 12-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hey check out this crazy hill climbing on youtube.Wellsville Scooby Hill Climb Can Am Renegade Uphill Jump Mud Wall off road ATV 4x4

Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
CtBandit,, Reg in Ma.too next spring,we go to October Mt in Lee Ma,the trails are sweet and we can do 45miles in a day! Whats up with your Grizzly???
Ok bad choice of words when I said "when I get my bike up and running." It is running fine but I took off most of the plastics to clean it up a bit and I need to change the oil and air filter and such. Basically it is sitting in my garage naked right now and I just haven't had time to put its clothes back on.

Also right now the grizzly only has the stock plastic skid plates. Would you guys recommend purchasing some metal skids for new england riding? I've heard the ricochet skids are good but any other opinions would be great. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ok bad choice of words when I said "when I get my bike up and running." It is running fine but I took off most of the plastics to clean it up a bit and I need to change the oil and air filter and such. Basically it is sitting in my garage naked right now and I just haven't had time to put its clothes back on.

Also right now the grizzly only has the stock plastic skid plates. Would you guys recommend purchasing some metal skids for new england riding? I've heard the ricochet skids are good but any other opinions would be great. Thanks.
Ohh yaa you need skids in New England lots and lots of rocks and stuff,,i have front and rear A-arm skids from Yamaha i sell ya cheap,PM me if your interested.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with troy & wilson- skids are a must-have around here and mass reg is a total scam. But- I feel as long as the law sees some sort of reg or plate, they are more likely to be cordial and less likely to impound or ticket you.

I've had a few run-ins with the DEM / Police, and I've stopped and talked every time- I have yet to get a ticket or have my bike impouded in the 20 or so years I've been riding... but that could change anyday I guess

I heard troy might have a sweet set of aftermarket grizzly shocks for sale soon

Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,
I am new here, but want to give some info on lfmt. I went last week. The road to acces parking area from the driveway is blocked off. You have to access from power lines on fish hatchery road. It was great riding. Lots of fun.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lawns90
Hey guys,
I am new here, but want to give some info on lfmt. I went last week. The road to acces parking area from the driveway is blocked off. You have to access from power lines on fish hatchery road. It was great riding. Lots of fun.
Are you talking about Fire Pond entry?? if so i wonder why they did that?? thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails, NH