Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Just got back from Jackman, Maine

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimcb
were is a good place to stay in waterville maine that you can leave from with your atv
not sure where waterville is- but we stayed in greenville at the moosehead inn- trails right in the back of the motel- there's an album in my profile page with a pic of the trail map for that area.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/album.php?albumid=11325

me & wilson911 & bob did the 185 mile loop in one day!!!
from greenville, south to the forks, up north through the west forks, up to jackman, west over to rockwood then south down past moosehead and back into greenville- it was a long friggin day! saw a couple big moose and lots of deer. We left at 8am and returned at 11pm pretty frozen, wet and very hungry! The trails are marked pretty well (but not all of'em! - but some of the ITS trails are sled only and are flooded out- no big deal though- plenty of atv trails.

just about every hotel / motel has trail access in that area.
a couple I remember passing on the atv were the "Inn By The River" at the forks, "John's Four Season" near jackman, "Northern Outdoors Lodge" down near the forks, "C.Moxie Gore Outfitters", "North Country Rivers"

Like I said- just about all the Inn's up there have direct trail access and most offer atv rentals.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you ride sxs up there can-am commander

Old 07-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

can you ride sxs up there can-am commander
I stayed in the Cozy Cove Cabins in Jackman and the trails up there had quite a few UTVs on them. I even saw some Polaris Rangers which, I think, are the widest of the UTVs out on the trails. The "gates" on the trails up there are typically a couple boulders. I didn't see anything like the 50" gates I see often in NH.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I only remember one gate- but it was pretty wide-
I'd say yes.
The trails are pretty wide- there are some wooded trails where you'd feel the squeeze but I saw other sxs up there...

Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

were is a good place to stay in waterville maine that you can leave from with your atv
Not sure about Waterville. But if you go just a little further Norh on I-95 to Exit 33 and take Route 201 North, there is Bingham, The Forks and Jackman as well as a few others that have cabins you can rent with instant access to the trails.

I have stayed at Gateway Recreation in Bingham before and I have another vacation scheduled for there soon. Their cabins are nice and the prices are very reasonable. There phone number is 800-440-0053.

Stay away from the big guys like Norhern Outdooors and North Country Rivers. Nice places, they have restaurants, but you pay a very healthy fee for these amenities.

As far as your side by side question. There was a big article a few years ago about a magazine that did a ride with side by sides in the Bingham / Forks area. There was videos on you-tube of it and they were giving it 2 thumbs up on everything they rode.

Good luck, Mike.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen SxS's make it down some pretty tight trails here. I would say there is only a few places that restrict SxS's, and that is because of bridges. I would say as long as it doesn't specifically say, and its registered your good to go. Waterville doesn't have trails, but I know Oakland which is just outside of Waterville does, in fact you can see Colby College from parts of the trail. I have heard Bingham has miles of trails because they connect to other trail systems, so you can just go and go.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Bingham is loaded with trails.