Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sunrise Trail in Maine!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maine sounds like the best state to ride in,is Aroostook county open in the winter months?

Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by onedownfiveup
Unit6666,
Thanks for the information. I may try it alone some day. I was looking for a trip to include the wife and kids so it's going to have to be a sure thing. And easy. The trip from Newport to Dexter is very easy and I sexpect the same to Dover Foxcroft. It looks like the guess work starts at that point.
The Maine ATV map leaves alot to be desired. Much better than nothing, but still could be better. I'm going to have to start contacting the local clubs to get some local maps.
That's the key to the Maine trails. Get the local maps. I've ridden with a buddy of mine on the Southern Maine trails. Without the maps it can get pretty confusing.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Troyboy68
Maine sounds like the best state to ride in,is Aroostook county open in the winter months?
The trails are closed to ATV use during the winter because they become snowmobile trails. Most, if not all forbid using an ATV on them during this time.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

maybe we should send this thread to the MA DCR!!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

I went riding at mount blue state park last weekend and it was SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! lotsa trails that go everywhere.. You want some good maps and such goto delorme in yarmouth maine my best friend greg runs the store there and is really good with the GPS systems they sell. Everytime we go out he makes sure to download all the topographical maps and such.. Its almost impossible to get lost the local trail maps are always total crap!

The Delorme PN60 GPS is a really nice UNIT it does everything that an outdoor enthusiast needs.. and then some.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
I went riding at mount blue state park last weekend and it was SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! lotsa trails that go everywhere.. You want some good maps and such goto delorme in yarmouth maine my best friend greg runs the store there and is really good with the GPS systems they sell. Everytime we go out he makes sure to download all the topographical maps and such.. Its almost impossible to get lost the local trail maps are always total crap!

The Delorme PN60 GPS is a really nice UNIT it does everything that an outdoor enthusiast needs.. and then some.
Did you go on the Mt. Blue State Park loops? I know theres two loops that you can do that are in the park, but go no place. Or, did you go on the trails that go past Coo's
Canyon, and out towards Roxbury?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

You guys have me drooling here!!
Lobsters and trails!!! WOW!!!
I wanna go next year. Gonna pack gas cans on my beloved 2fiddyR and my turkey fryer (for the lobster).
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LT80
You guys have me drooling here!!
Lobsters and trails!!! WOW!!!
I wanna go next year. Gonna pack gas cans on my beloved 2fiddyR and my turkey fryer (for the lobster).
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Make sure you're registered. It's $70 for out of staters and can either be done at Kittery Trading Post. Check out Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife - Registration for more info. I hadn't seen many wardens in my travels until this last summer when I saw like 4 or 5 em in a row. They just asked my age and made sure my registration was current. As long as your not raising holy hell or making your own trails their isn't any trouble.