Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota riding

through some unfortunate events that have transpired in the last week we are contemplating moving back to Minnesota. if we do where are some trails parks to ride around that area we will be in southern Minnesota in Northfield so within a couple hour drive of there would be great. anyone with trail info that they can pass along would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

Google the dnr in MN they have a map with all the state forests in it. From the last time I looked I don't remember much in the southern part. If you are looking for mud riding it is getting hard to come by. I am always looking for new trails to ride that require 4wd, but a lot is gettign shut down and getting turned into dirt roads basically. Some of the places on the map that are rated at intermediate are even lame. If you find some good riding please let me know. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate events that is never good.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

I did look up the trail maps last night and didnt see much of anything. I know in Ohio there are several "private" riding areas that are not on the DNR map I didnt know if there was any in Minnesota or not. as far as mud trails I wont have an issue with that as my nephew belongs to the Rochester Rough Riders which is a group of people that run basically Monster trucks and they have several areas that they run that are strictly mud only trails and mud holes with hill climbs and some water crossings. I went with them last Fall to one area and had a blast on my quad. there was so many big mud holes that I even ended up pulling and winching out some of the big trucks I came close to getting my quad stuck several times but with some rocking and work I ended up getting out of them. we was there for 3 days then went to my brothers for a week it was awesome

Old 03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Sorry I can't be much help to you I don't know of any private places. There was one in Northfield called Bauer's pit but I heard it closed to all offroad traffic. If you ever go on another mud ride let me know if you need help testing the depth of holes. I wish I could find more 4x4 places to ride.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

last Sept when we went with them we floated my quad and my nephews sportsman 700 down the river it was a blast all I can remember is it was on 90 just west of Rochester its all private that they run on