Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We might be in trouble with possible 1/2'' ice on everything! starting after midnight, just in time for morning commute

Old 02-05-2019, 03:43 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
Widespread freezing rain, with some sleet, is expected to spread across the area tonight through Wednesday morning. There may be a change over to rain before ending in the afternoon due to warming temperatures. Total ice accumulations of one tenth to a quarter of an inch expected. Locally higher amounts will be possible.

Shiawassee-Genesee-Lapeer-St. Clair-Livingston-Oakland-Macomb-Washtenaw-Wayne-Lenawee-Monroe
Including the cities of Owosso, Flint, Lapeer, Port Huron, Howell, Pontiac, Warren, Ann Arbor, Detroit, Adrian, and Monroe.

If there's 1/2" of ice it's going to knock out the power for a lot of people. The trees won't bear the weight. The ground thawing out doesn't help either, but maybe it will freeze solid before it gets too bad.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Did you buy the optional ice blade that replaces your snow blade on your quad? Time to spike those new tires!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

How did you guys fair? Supposed to get between .25 and 1 inch of freezing rain here tonight. Time to gas up the chainsaws.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Down here in the deep south, just south of Toledo we had mostly rain. A very small amount of ice in the grass but didn't last long, by 8am all rain. Only knew of the ice on the grass when the dog went out you could hear a faint crunch under her paws. Nothing on the sidewalk or roads. Took wife into town for doc apt and no sign of any slippery conditions other than rain....and there was plenty of that! Poor sump pump will be worn out after this wet period as more rain for the next few days, the fields look like lakes already.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

All clear here finally! Was pretty slippery with solid ice on everything, but melting quickly now!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad you guys fared well. Will know tomorrow. Doesn't sound quite as bad as they weather guessers made it sound in the early part of the day.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:38 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No power failures or anything here. I didn't feel good and didn't go outside or even get dressed Wednesday. I got an Informed Delivery email from the post office telling me there should be at least 2 pieces of mail in my box that they showed pictures of. But it should still be there Thursday afternoon and I'll go out when it's 45-47 degrees to get it and whatever else comes.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

''Made my self'' ''get up and out'', to install belt tensioner ***'y, yesterday, knowing it had to be done, and knowing it would rain all day today, and bitter cold for week, ahead! It was misty damp with occasional sprinkles on me head, while working on it, in open driveway, but knowing it was either get r done yesterday at dank 40 f, or walk today in cold rain to run aaron's lol, since it would be unsafe to drive van, where tensioner could possibly freeze up and blow out, according to everything I've read, and Auto zones advice, agreeing could damaging other major parts, while out on the road! It was a tricky repair and had to even dig down in driveway in order to get under van, since this model custom van sets so low, just a few inches from the ground, but finished just before dark, and tested out real well, no more clatter for that matter, under me hood lol and wife'e rewarded we with a supprise'e hand made veggie'e pizza....YUMMY!!! For all my effort while working out in the elements lol There's no place like home....there's no place like home....Hey, don't call me Dorothy! lol

Old 02-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

In case any of you are without road side assistance, hope this might help. I received the offer through the mail with discount.

I just signed up with AAA, not the insurance co, the AAA road side assistant service, club. The reason my Citizens home/auto is so affordable at only 129 mo. for both, is they don't offer this service, and they even recommended AAA road side. I called my tow service before signing up too, and they highly recommended and honor this ins., over others.

Premier: $118* for the first member, $65 for each additional member on the membership
Premier/RV: $148*
  • Battery Boost
  • Emergency Repair Check Acceptance
    Extrication & Winching
    Fuel Delivery Service
    Minor Mechanical First Aid
    One-Day Free Car Rental
    Tire Service
    Towing
    Vehicle Lock-Out Services

Fuel Delivery Service – An emergency supply of fuel will be delivered to your disabled vehicle to help you reach the nearest service station. Premier members are provided the fuel free of charge.

One Day Complimentary Rental Car – If your vehicle requires towing, AAA will reimburse the Premier member for a one day car rental (up to a full size vehicle) per household, once per membership year, inclusive of service fees and taxes. Coverage applies when the member's car is inoperable in conjunction with a non-collision covered towing event. Need a car rental reservation and/or reimbursement form? Call 1-800-622-9211.

Trip Interruption & Vehicle Return – AAA Premier Members have added peace of mind when driving 100 miles or more from home. If you are driving or riding in a AAA-qualifying vehicle which becomes inoperable as a result of a traffic accident (not mechanical failure), or your vehicle is stolen, you may receive a reimbursement for up to $1,500 of your covered unexpected out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the first 96 hours immediately following the accident/theft. These expenses include:
  • Car rental (excluding gas, insurance and drop or one way fees)
  • Meals and lodging in the vicinity of the incident (within a 25 mile radius)
  • Commercial transportation from the location of the incident to your destination or current residence.
You can also be reimbursed up to $500 to help you get your car back home if an unexpected illness or injury prevents you from completing your trip.

I'm not a salesman lol, only a guy tired of having to have his vehicle towed several times in just a few months @ $100 bucks ea, trip! That cost would have covered 2 years of this ins. just in tows!

Quick Reply: Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here