Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I gotta believe something made a difference with this super great day, like we had, been outside w/critters most of the day, I could use sum mo of this kinda stuff! What do we want.... more snow, or spring to set in early.....I'm torn somewhere in da middle lol

Old 02-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The local woodchuck was just the opposite, longer winter. Way to early for spring ..if it happens this early it will be a flooded mess, you will need a swamp buggy rather than a quad. Hopefully we get more snow to play in...lots more!

Old 02-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Do you have any snow left ....Mr. down and under, there. We've got a little left, but just walking out in the yard its like quicksand lol My iguana was so funny, while trying to scoot around with muddy claws/belly while crawling across mounds of snow lol She didn't want to come back in lol

Old 02-03-2019, 10:49 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the ground is frozen down deep my basement stays dry. Then and during a drought are the only times it stays dry. It was at least 50 degrees today but I wasn't paying much attention to the temperature. I could tell it really warmed up yesterday and today because the snow that sat on my trailer all winter is gone. It's mostly in the shadow of my truck and I think the wind blowing under it helped keep it cold, until yesterday.

P.S. I have ice on both sides of my truck from sweeping the snow off and it packs down in the same place all the time. If it's still there tomorrow I'll take care of it. I almost busted my *** unloading groceries today.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Found this on another forum, under hard starting King Quad with fuel injection, trouble shooting.

The trick (technique) for starting the EFI KQ in cold weather is simple... turn the key to run (don't start it)... let the fuel pump run the pressure up till you hear the pump stop (buzz from fuel tank).. then turn key .....off then..... on immediately.... let the pump run again (it runs every time you cycle the key) when the pump stops buzzing hit start... works for me at a zillion below.

Thanks Ken, got me to investigate my hard starting quad issue, and will save on overworking battery too! I found this out on my van too, just before winter hit, with same situation, with hard starting, this allows fuel pressure in the lines to build up to correct starting pressure, before hitting key starter switch. then after the van starts, it starts right up all day long, no matter how many times I restart it, until it sets overnight where the pressure in the line releases itself again. Possibly a small seal leak somewhere between pump and carb.in line.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Our snow is gone with the exception of small piles where it was really stacked up high. Yard is like quick- clay...you squish down in then your stuck! Driveway was solid ice and slicker than all get out but the stonws are now comming thru, it will start getting soft any time now and making a big mess.
on my machine the buzzer stays on as long as the pump is building pressure, when cold that can take 15 seconds but then it starts right up. Once warmed up, I dont pay attention to the buzzer, go right to start. Sounds like you have similiar thing but without the buzzer.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:59 PM
THE BERMINATOR

When turn my ATV key to the run position I only hear the fuel pump for 1-2 seconds and it's ready to start. With my truck I usually look at the dash to see if any idiot lights stay on, then when they go out I turn the key and it fires right up.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'v got one problem after another, it seems like, here lately lol I've been hearing a loud fan clicking, like sound under the hood, that quiets down after driving for a few miles, so I just took it to Auto zone, and right away found the problem, its the belt tensioner unit, and he said its good that we're catching it before it freezes up and could blown out causing water pump, fan and belt, and other major parts to be damaged! Just search internet, and on you tube, on how to diagnose, remove/replace, plus found help/advice in my service manual. I order the kit containing roller tensioner assembly, belt and another roller. $80 ready for pickup tomorrow. From what I could follow watching YouTube video of same van, it went together fairly easily! As soon as weather warms some, my next big projects are oil, trans, coolant changes w/ filters on one van and other quad hauling van, needs new tires, oil, trans, coolant w/filter changes. Hoping to save a fortune by doing it myself, O one other problem, I'm loosing coolant in the GMC van, about a qt month with very lite use. Auto Zone thinks its a loose hose band towards rear of engine. I'll strip it down soon and hopefully find it.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:35 PM
THE BERMINATOR

It maybe awhile before we have any more days in the 50s. Tuesday's high is supposed to be 31-32, with 100% chance of precipitation and maybe ice at night. Wednesday there's a 60% chance of ice in the morning and freezing rain at night. I don't know if it's going to be any better for you there. I'm not working on anything outside if I can avoid it.

Old 02-05-2019, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider

Cold, rain and ice all suck...we need snow to play in! Down here is just a giant mudbog but cant play in it because it is our yard!

Quick Reply: Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here