Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wayne National Forest 8/18 - 8/19

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that this is early to bring this up, but was hoping people could mark their calendars if I gave enough notice. We plan on head down on the evening of 8/17 and riding the Monday Creek area on 8/18 and 8/19. I was hoping to stay at Camp Ohio, but could be convinced to stay at Williams. Looking forward to actually riding with some people from the forums. I will keep bumping this to the top on occasion.

Old 07-16-2001, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

MAG--Thought I already responded to this(?). Keep me posted, I don't plan that far ahead normally. Hope to hook up soon ,though.
See my post(here), under--WNF, Logan, OH.
Later, Mike

Old 07-18-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

I think I am heading down the weekend of August 11th.

Old 07-20-2001, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

RubiconBob and 4-MAN-S will be at DORR-RUN for the day SAT. 7/21 @8:30am
Parking Lot/Trailhead # 5

Old 07-20-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Just an update, I reserved a cabin at CampOhio, so we will be staying there. The pregnant wife wanted nothing to do with staying in a tent! All are welcome to come.

Old 07-23-2001, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider

MAG---- Cabin? Didn't realize they HAD cabins at Camp Ohio!?!? Tell me more. What is the contact ph.#?? What is the price range???
Did you hook up with SLB and hubby at the races?
Had a great ride Sat. No snakes in the way THIS time! No seriuos crashes, although RubiconBob DID "detour" off trail. Ruby wanted to go straight, and Bob wanted to turn----Ruby WON!!!! Oh yeah, some guy on a Raptor tried to use ME and the Foreman-S as a landing strip, but missed.(Butthead)
Keep me posted, MV.
PS- I am taking 7/28 and 7/29 OFF, for bike maintenance---I've ridden 6 straight weekends!

Old 07-23-2001, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

Mike

As for the cabin, the owner of Camp Ohio (Scott Williams) was telling me about it the last time I was down there. I am not sure how many of them he has or what each has in it. The one I reserved is $30 per night for two people. I would have preferred to tent camp, but my pregnant wife wanted nothing to do with tent camping [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I will have to email you the phone number to Camp Ohio as I left his card at home, but you can email Scott at the following address: campohio@dragonbbs.com

Yes we did make the atv races on Saturday night with Sher and her husband. The races were real cool, but I was a little disappointed that they only had one freestyle jumper. He was crazy though. It helps to take my wife to shows like that. She thinks I spend a lot on atvs, then she sees how much other people spend, and my spending doesn't seem so bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Glad you had a safe ride. Tell Rubicon Bob he is supposed to drive the atv, not it drive him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 07-25-2001, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Races were cool. I was disappointed about the lack of Freestyle riders too but Creech put on one heck of a show!! Saw a couple a gnarly wrecks too.
I tried to get MudMan to buy a tricked out EastCoastATV race quad that was for sale...heck, they only wanted $19 grand for it!! Chump change!!! LOL!!!
We are looking forward to the weekend of the 18th!!
Later...Sher

Old 07-25-2001, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Sher

I think my wife would strangle me if I spent 19 grand on a race quad, although I did manage to talk her into a new Pro Circuit exhaust [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . She does keep telling me that our kids will not be racing atvs after she saw that kid flip his quad over trying to pass the lap traffic. I was really impressed with how well those kids can race for the small size of the engines. I need to get my pictures developed to see how well the freestyle pictures of Creech came out. Later

Old 07-26-2001, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

I would definetly like to hook up for group ride! Keep posting if everything stays solid, Im sure I could make it that weekend and stay at CampOhio [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Wayne National Forest 8/18 - 8/19