Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black River Falls trails SUCK!!! Where else can I go in Wisconsin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. The BRF trails may not have been so bad if I was only with experienced riders. I had a good time but it would have been better if the trails weren't so dusty. I can't imagine how dusty it would be in the summer when you are sweating AND all that dust sticks to you. Do you know where I can get a trail map for the Monroe trails?

Old 10-25-2001, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

Holyman,

Check out www.watva.org (http://www.watva.org/atvsouthwi.htm)

I got one when I joined the WATVA, and as I went into town I stopped at a railroad/cheese museum. It was like a dollar or so...But it's really hard to get lost.

Old 10-25-2001, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

My friend took a couple digital pics of the ride. I'll see if I can get him to email me some and if you want I'll send you a copy.

Old 11-04-2001, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yes they do suck. Big time. We stayed in the Hatfield area and road the trails north of there. 50% of the trails are dirt roads or like dirt roads and about as challenging as riding a RR bed. Boring, dull, uneventful, dusty - did I mention boring? BTDT won’t go back. Obviously the sign makers are doing well; there is a sign every 20 feet. It’s like being in ATV hell. There are some RV type campgrounds along the trail system although I was made to feel as welcome as anthrax. Local "tough-guys" ride the trails at unbelievable speeds meant for a closed course and they make it less then fun for a family trek through the woods. Be prepared to go off trail to avoid near collisions with the local butt-heads. Rumors abound of several ATV thefts and law enforcement is said to have subsidized new squad cars with the proceeds from ATV fines. We met campground managers that were more like **** concentration camp commanders and the trail maps are out of date and unreliable. Gas stations on the map don’t even exist anymore – (read “screwed for fuel”). Nope – we won’t be going back.