Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hillsville

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in hillsville one of the last few weekends it was open. I went there on a friday during the day and I was approached by a guy claiming to be one of 3 owners. He looked the part too. Old man with a ZZ top beard riding a 4x4 quad with gun racks. He also had a side arm. He was very polite and asked me if I know "this is private property" and I couldn't reide there. I asked him why not. He told me that one of the other owners had some stupid quad rider pull a gun on him when he confronted them about littering. He explained that the comunity has been pressuring them for years to put a stop to the riding, but they "didn't want to make waves"...until now. I asked this guy if I could get permission to rider there, and I even offered him money. He said no way. They have to crack down now. He understood that most of us who ride there are responsible and safe, but it the typical "bad apple" story. He apologized to me and told me that if I was caught parking along the road, the state troopers wouls put a wheel lock on my car and tow it. I asked him for his name to confirm his story, but I forget it. I have to say that after this experience I beleive this guy. He said there are 3 owners (all private. He ownes about 200 acres of the land. He made no mention of ever letting people pay to ride there, or that he was gonna sell it either. MY advise.... Pick up your trash and don't ride drunk you morons!!!!

Old 12-04-2001, 05:58 PM
bb
Weekend Warrior

I live less than 5 miles from hillsville and can tell you the bad news. 1) hillsville is closed to riding unless you want to take the chance on getting a ticket. 2) the local landowners have enrolled their property with the PA Game commission, this allows the game commission to ticket any motorized vehicles. It is not a game lands, but private property that is open to hunting with permission. I have been riding there off and on for 30yrs. You can thank the few a-holes who littered, destroyed property, raised hell all hours,and threatened the landowners. Along with the legal threat of being sued, this type of behavior has effectively closed this area. This is being patrolled by the state police, local police and game commission.

Old 12-04-2001, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bb, if you don't mind, where are you riding now? Just from one New Castle guy to another. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2001, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

As for wellsville last week they were kicking people out. The town of Wellsville is trying to get the road in shutdown due to the fact that idiots keep going in and burning stolen cars and the leaving them lay. It is always due to people like this that throw their garbage everywhere and leave burnt up piles of junk around that we are losing all of our riding areas.TextIF ANYONE SEES THIS HAPPENING YOU MUST NOTIFY THE POLICE WITH THEIR LICENSE PLKATE NOS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2001, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hillsville closed... Wellsville closed...Because of trash, burnt cars, all night partying, irresponsible riders and noise. Anyone notice a trend here? Like others I have ridden for thirty years in these areas, thanks to all the idiots who ruined this for everyone. Fourtunatly I have a nice little area by my house to ride but now I notice more and more guys who said "I'll never ride there, it's nothing compared to Hillsville " parking and riding there. Now it's starting all over again, gravel kicked out on our newly paved street, mud tracked all over the road, trash piling up where they park, loud machines and lots of street riding to fire up the locals. Talked to a police officer the other day and he said a few bad apples are going to get the blocked off , it's also private property and the owner who never cared if we rode there but is now getting fed up. Most of us ride nice quiet utility machines, keep to ourselves and stay away from houses. Everytime I hear one of those out of the area guys up there with a LOUD warrior, 300ex, 400ex or whaterever else I cringe. Wake up and show some common sense before we have nowhere to ride.

Old 12-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

getting tough to ride in ohio any more?!

Old 12-20-2001, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I preferred Wellsvile to Hillsville myself, mainly because hillsville was so crouded whenever I was there. I was last at Wellsville 11/24, all was OK then. If they close Wellsville, I don't know where I will go. I Bought my Blaster 2 years ago just to ride at Wellsville! My old Suzuki LTF250 is too heavy and slow.