Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

michigan riding

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 11:22 PM
TQO
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys want in the lower, what we have in the upper. It will be very tough to get the lower to change and it will be a project to get the upper to improve the trail systems.

The only way it will be done is to get a large organization like the MSA (ie: MATVA) that can eventually have some lobbying power. ATV riding should be larger than sledding, and probably will be someday, because of 3 reasons. One is that the season is normally 3 times longer than sledding (11 times this year). Second is the weather is more friendly for female and children (I know a lot of females sled, so don't think I'm gender bias) and third is that children are out of school and it can be enjoyed as a family sport with the sightseeing and riding.

There is a fourth reason and it happened the same with sleds. You don't have to ride one day and repair 4. There are very dependable and comfortable ATVs (except my new Polaris). That means a lot to parents that want to plan a vacation around riding instead of fixing.

See you guys Saturday at the meeting. My dish was going to be Mooseballs, but I got shot down. They weren't real moose *****. They were meatballs made from moose meat.

Rich
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI