Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Best place to get CO trail info?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get CO trail info?

The individual maps have the map on 1 side and the info on the other side. The trail guides just are a group of 10 maps/info .
The info provided is : General location in the state, Trail info (phone numbers), mileage from (denver, etc..), Elevation, Nearest full service towns, Chamber of commerce phone number, prime season, plus a general narrative about the area. Some of the individulal motorcycle maps are also ATV trails. The maps seem to be about equal with the quality of the National Geographic ones...only these maps have the ATV trails clearly marked on them. (the other maps are a little less informative about ATV specific trails)
Let me know what else I can confuse you with.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

What came first, the chicken or the egg???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Just one question this time. You said you have Vol. 2 of the trail guides...What's the difference b/w Vol. 1 & Vol. 2? Is 2 just an updated version of 1, or do they each cover different areas of the state? I'm looking for Aspen area info.

By the way. In response to a previous post; QUIT DRINKING SO MUCH BEER!?!? Remember, rehab is for quitters. You don't wanna be a quitter do you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2002, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Volume 2 just has different riding area's then volume 1. The closest I can find to Aspen on my set of maps is Leadville. If your brother wants to check out the bar scene in Aspen, just remember 1 VERY IMPORTANT thing, bring LOTS OF MONEY.

As far as the beer goes, I am gettin a little better about the consumption, but, you still sound like my wife.. j/k. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Range Rover

What do you think the odds are that Vol. 1 will have the Aspen/central colorado area in it??

Your wife supports your drinking??? I wish I had one like that.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

She tolerates it more than accepting it..she likes to have a little drink once in a while herself, just not as much as me..

I checked the Fay Myers site, nothing really jumps out as being in the Aspen area. I went to the COHVCO site and did a search there on motorcycle trails in the Aspen area, came up with 25 listings. Mainly 4WD roads. That site has a link to a trail guide book called Central Colorado 4-wheeling by Wayne Griffin. It list's 24 trails/4WD roads in the central Colorado / Aspen area. It linked over to Amazon and showed the book for about 10 bucks...

Old 11-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

Damn, not exactly what I wanted to hear. Sorry its been so long...haven't been near a computer for a while. I already bought that central CO book you mentioned. It offers some pretty good info, but still leaves me with a few questions/worries. It doesn't have very detailed maps(bad layouts). Also it gives no info on where they got the maps for the book. Wish they would...the maps would be a whole lot better if they were bigger than 4"x6".

Thanks for all the help anyway. If I have any other questions, I will let you know.

SprtsMnFan