Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Street Legal Quads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003 | 10:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default Street Legal Quads?

that BMW quad is $25,000.00... has and 1150cc BMW motor, weighs almost 900lbs., and has a top speed of 100mph.

Old 05-03-2003 | 12:19 PM
|
Range Rover

Originally posted by: cbrf41999
I was told once a vehicle was titled for onroad use by a state it cant be turned down elsewhere. So another words AZ peeps could turn around and sell street legal quads to the rest of us! As long as it passes saftey inspection! In NH I dont know if you would need a windshield and 2 forward facing front lights? Since it has 4wheels I think it is considered a car here. So seatbelts and all. We live in the state where you can street a CR/KX/RM/YZ whatever in about 1hour paperwork. And quick inspection.
I never thought about the possibility of buying one thats already street legal in another state...its certainly worth lookin into.

BTW, it wasnt Four Wheeler I saw the articles in, it was Dirt Wheels...I always get them mixed up.

Old 05-03-2003 | 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Do like I did. Go out of state to a state that allows you to title it as custom. Then register it there and go home to your own state. A few months later transfer the registration to your home state.

Worked like a charm for me, although it required a lot of long distance trips out of state.

As far as I know i have the only Street Legal banshee in NY!

--John

Old 05-03-2003 | 03:12 PM
Range Rover

Hehe does every cop that sees you flip the lights and spin around or what!!!
I lived in NY for a long time and the cops have to be some of the worst when it comes to traffic violations in the country.
I was lucky to get to the track in my street rod without getting strip searched!!!

Old 05-03-2003 | 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: johndjmix
Do like I did. Go out of state to a state that allows you to title it as custom. Then register it there and go home to your own state. A few months later transfer the registration to your home state.

Worked like a charm for me, although it required a lot of long distance trips out of state.

As far as I know i have the only Street Legal banshee in NY!

--John
Which state ??????? Did it need inspected ??

Old 05-03-2003 | 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

Would it be Vermont? They seem to make stuff really easy to do.

Old 05-03-2003 | 04:07 PM
|
Range Rover

well, I got two options with the out of state registration. Tenn. and NC Anyone know about their atv laws? aaaand if when you register it out of state, dont you have to be a resident of that state?
GOD I LOVE LOOPHOLES!!! BWAAAHAAHAAA

Old 05-03-2003 | 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LethalAudio
well, I got two options with the out of state registration. Tenn. and NC Anyone know about their atv laws? aaaand if when you register it out of state, dont you have to be a resident of that state?
GOD I LOVE LOOPHOLES!!! BWAAAHAAHAAA
Usually you need to live there or at least have a address to use. Rules vary so much from state to state its amazing. NH you dont even need DOT tires for a dirt bike. Knobbies are fine!?!?!?!?

Old 05-03-2003 | 04:49 PM
Range Rover

Vermont is the answer. Thats all im saying.

--John

Old 05-03-2003 | 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: johndjmix
Vermont is the answer. Thats all im saying.

--John

Of course theres a million tree hugging hippies there. Yet you can street legalize a 2stroke smoke spewing anything for street use! LOL gotta love it.
Also check out www.bajadesigns.com for dual sport kits. Designed for bikes but im sure they can hep u for ATV's as well.

Quick Reply: Street Legal Quads?