Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Street Legal Quads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Legal Quads?

Demetrios I am in Orlando and looking at doing the same thing but was wondering what you titled it as. I have been looking into it and the only thing I can find so far is an ASPT Title or Assembled from parts. Also would you give me any info as to the laws or specs that are needed for it to be street legal such as lights, turn signals height. etc.. You can email me at crubini@spyderracing.com

Old 05-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dear Spyder Racing,
You are on the right track with the ASPT route, however you are thinking about converting an ATV and that is different, ASPT (assembled from parts) implies more of a ground up approach, if you presented it (and followed thru with truth and integrity) that maybe you took your stock frame stripped it down, added gussets and reinforcements, grinded/cut off any ATV hardware, and used street legal motorcycle grade everything, even foot pegs, took away all the ATV look and function possible, see also my first letter, if you focused it down that much and with all the common sense add-ons like mirrors, horn, turn signal, speedometer, then your local DMV might consider it before you begin to fab it. I built mine off motorcycle parts to begin with and car rims and tires, everything is tough and overbuilt, all approved stuff already, but in a combination few folks have see before, and it rips!!!!! My special steering device(patent pending) and engineering tricks give high speed stability. www.demetriosdesign.net
Hope that helps everyone, please build solid safe machines that will give this new movement a good reputation or you'll kill it early on for everyone.....................

Old 06-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am new here and want to see if this works... my cpu is bad

Old 06-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey johndjmix,
Could you give all of us here a brief but precise description of what you had to do in VT.? Thanks i would really like to see quads rippin' down the highways soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

Go to the 3 wheeled setup, then add all lights and such and take the bike to vermont and register it as a "custom motorcycle". Works mint.

Look for pics soon of my R1 powered street legal banshee.

--John

Old 06-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am definitely looking forward to seeing pics of that..............Demetri www.demetriosdesign.net
home of MOTOQUAD