Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Red Wing MN-Danbury WI

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:57 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One guy in this thread hasn't posted anywhere on the forum in 15 years, so I'm not expecting any answers from him or the guys who posted on this thread 14 years ago.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too noticed this is an old thread with a Minnesota connection.

I should have, and will now, welcome famous3091 to the ATV Connection from Lake City, MN. I lived in Delano until nearly 3 years ago when we moved here for family reasons. I enjoyed living in Minnesota, and Colorado is okay too. Minnesota is home to Polaris and Arctic Cat. The state is a big player in the ATV and UTV hobby as well as snowmobiles of course.

For a lot of folks, finding a place to ride our ATVs is a challenge. And sometimes we pack up, drive quite a while, only to find the trailhead packed, no place to park, and the trails kinda crowded, especially weekends. At least that is true here in Colorado. With a simple street legal law, we can expand our riding opportunities significantly. I have driven up some forest service roads in my pickup that were terrible, like 10 mph tops. "Minimum maintenance" they call them. But they are perfect for a ATV ride. Jeep drivers love them. But I can't ride on them right now, no license plate. I'd face a firing squad if caught.

I remember in Minnesota where some idiots tore up some wetlands with their ATVs and as a result got a lot of bad press for the ATV hobby. We all have to ride responsibly all the time. Press like this makes new trails a difficult sell.

David