Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

Don't let the CPSC make our UTV industry standard rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't let the CPSC make our UTV industry standard rules!!!

I am not sure if this has been posted already or not, but figured it can't hurt to post again.......we have until the middle of March to comment in regards to the CPSC deciding they are going to make their own rules for UTV's, rather than allowing the OEM's to collectively come up with safety standards for the UTV (RUV) undustry. I personally don't want the government screwing up future UTV production the way they did the whole lead paint ban thing with the kiddie quads! The OEM's are doing a good job coming up with proper safety standards, and they are far more educated and familiar with their machines than the CPSC is!

Here is the link to make yourself heard and hopefully make a difference!!!
Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association

Also, for more information on what exactly is going on, here are the details:
[URL=http://truthaboutrhino.com/index.php/breaking-news-3[/URL]

This goes for all of us.....RZR owners, Rhino owners, Teryx owners....even Big Red owners (just kidding....sort of :razz: )! Let's keep the CPSC's incompetent hands out of our industry standards!!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 450grl
I am not sure if this has been posted already or not, but figured it can't hurt to post again.......we have until the middle of March to comment in regards to the CPSC deciding they are going to make their own rules for UTV's, rather than allowing the OEM's to collectively come up with safety standards for the UTV (RUV) undustry. I personally don't want the government screwing up future UTV production the way they did the whole lead paint ban thing with the kiddie quads! The OEM's are doing a good job coming up with proper safety standards, and they are far more educated and familiar with their machines than the CPSC is!

Here is the link to make yourself heard and hopefully make a difference!!!
Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association

Also, for more information on what exactly is going on, here are the details:
[url=http://truthaboutrhino.com/index.php/breaking-news-3[/URL]

This goes for all of us.....RZR owners, Rhino owners, Teryx owners....even Big Red owners (just kidding....sort of :razz: )! Let's keep the CPSC's incompetent hands out of our industry standards!!
Yes and yes again! Good post!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

i say let the oems do the decision making on safety standards, they know best!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

Agreed!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Decisions, decisions...

I understand this is a very old thread. But hopefully time has changed some opinions. For one, there is a trend for wider is better attitudes. Which I am all for. Wider is safer. There is a major discussion right now in defining what is and what is not a UTV. It seems that the concensus has been centered around 60 inches max width, and I get it. To keep the highway use vehicles off the UTV trails. Then along comes the new Can-ams and the Yamahas and Polaris vehicles that bust that limit. Lots of bitchen about having to pay to widen trails, mostly from the single track contingent. My thought is let them come. The trails will "Self widen". They always do. As for the CPSC setting guidlines... well I am on the fence there. I do not think the manufacturers are mature enough and interested in self policing enough to make those decisions. Witness the ever increasing engine size wars. No, they screwed up the 3 wheelers back in my younger days, almost did away with ALL ATVs. So no, they cannot be trusted to act like adults. I certainly don't want the Federal government to make any recommendations. And the State's can't agree on anything. So maybe it takes an organization like the CPSC to develop some boundaries. I just wish people would educate themselves a little on this subject prior to formulating any sort of opnion. You clearly do not understand all of the stuff that goes into something like this. We are talking an act of congress, and the only way we have any say is working with someone like the CPSC. Otherwise we will all get screwed.