Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO

How do you explain bad rappy sales then- V-FORCE-DS-PRED-400 KAWI-400 SUS-these models are killing RAPPY sales.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Why do I need too explain "RAPPY" sales (sales are for diehard 400ex owners) when more sport quads are being offerred every day (which means more diversity concerning sales too say the least)? I am talking performance and potential performance. I don't doubt Raptor sales have dropped off since the availability of the Z400 and the V-force (which I am sure are fine machines.....but IMO, for a different audience). What was Kawasaki focusing on when building the V-force.....RAPTOR. Why....because, at this point, it's at the top. I really don't care for a childish "keyboard confrontation"......it's just my opinion. Later gentlemen.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

RAPPY was, was at the top, was- falling fast. After market companys love RAPPY. Got to buy parts to make them go.

Old 05-15-2003, 05:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just lost 10 IQ points, that puts me in the negative by 4!!!!

And You cant get the same power increase from a Raptor as you can from the Banshee with bolt ons..

Roostking...

Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

i didnt mean the predator looks exactly like the predator...i meant that if you put the two side by side you can tell the predator tried to copy its sense of style. That beast style. It wanted the essence of the raptor looks but had to make it look different and yamaha already did it the best so the only result was down from there. And the gas tank thing is another stupid move polaris made. im not saying polaris is a crappy quad, but when you bash the raptor im just trying to prove the predator can be just as easily bashed....cause guess what....its not perfect!!! and just my opinion, but i think the engine sounds l ike crap.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Force
RAPPY was, was at the top, was- falling fast. After market companys love RAPPY. Got to buy parts to make them go.
WHats at the top? Why?

Old 05-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

wtf is up with everyone saying craptor, the machine prolly outruns all of ur quads

Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: StockRappy
wtf is up with everyone saying craptor, the machine prolly outruns all of ur quads
Jealousy

Old 05-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ive also had an 01 raptor since they first came out. I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. It has been expensive because I am constantly breaking parts, and replacing with aftermarket products. Any atv costs money to maintain, and they all break when crashed. All quads have their own merit.

Would I purchase another quad. Hell NO!

The only other quad I am impressed by is the Z400. I would love to buy one and totally rebuild it for track/mx. Ive come to realize that any bike is only as fast as its rider.

"My bike is faster than yours!!!!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Cry a river......build a bridge......and get the **** over it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry just thought I would stoke the fire!......I enjoy these threads. Forum has been getting boring lately. This is more like it.

Quick Reply: why the RAPTOR will always be the king... IMO