Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

another dyna ignition question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another dyna ignition question?

well sorry to ask about this again but i am hoping some more people have tried the dyna ignition on their raptor since the last time i asked.i am seriously considering putting one on my raptor to increase power without sacrificing reliability but i have got greatly varying numbers in the actual horsepower that is possible with one of these systems.does anyone have the technical know how to explain just exactly what this does because although i understand the theory behind it i am not sure just what it can do.if i can get a solid two to three horsepower gain it would be worth it but i am not sure if that is possible.i know i could do other mods internally to achieve more power but i am thinking that i may try something external like the dyna to avoid reliability issues.if i installed one of these (will it have an effect on jetting or the kind of fuel i use)?.i know i am asking for a lot of information here but with all the knowledge i have seen on this forum i am hoping someone can give me the straight story.thanks