Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pick up those wrenches and unite ! (or just save yourself a buck or two)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick up those wrenches and unite ! (or just save yourself a buck or two)

Well...I just finished freshening up my Warrior motor - I know - not real exciting on a 13 yr old motor but I would have never even thought of doing it myself without previously converting my Raptor tranny with the help of www.raptortranny.com.

I realized that there is NO NEED to pay $50+/hr to a shop for basic motor dis-assembly / re-assembly work. No machining by myself, just removing the old/bad/broken and replacing with new and sending the machine work to a competent guy.

My Warrior was burning oil really bad and after pulling the head and cylinder it was obvious that the exhast valve seal was leaking badly. I sent the head to Mickey Dunlap for a complete valve job, got the cylinder bored and honed, new rings/piston, wrist pin, fresh cam, new cam chain, etc.....even re-packed the silencer. I fired it tonite and $300 later it's running like new (complete break-in pending).

Again, thanks to Raptortranny.com for the inspiration - It's saving me lots of money !!!!

Just thought I'd share !?

Eric

Old 05-29-2003, 05:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick up those wrenches and unite ! (or just save yourself a buck or two)

Again, thanks to Raptortranny.com for the inspiration - It's saving me lots of money !!!!
I think that has been an insperration to a few people. I did do all my work, but I would have felt very leary of doing my tranny without having that as a guide.

Congrats on the rebuild!