Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!

Hey crispy, are you sure someone hasn't been beatin the poo out of it and putting it back without you knowing? That sounds like a good answer.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

you lock your garage?

Old 06-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

That doesn't make sense at all. Two and a half week old machine? Tranny locked up? Brakes worn out? I haven't even heard of that happening with Raptors.

Lemon law it, but don't pay for it. Your dealer is just trying to screw you!!!

Old 06-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

yeah that definately is a lemon, my brakes are still decent and mines an 02 with crappy brakes. something doesnt seem right...

Old 06-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

man, i had a 99 warrior with the original brakes on it and i rode it like a maniac. riding hard and abusing are two different things easily confused. When i ride my raptor, i literally ride like i stole it and cops are chasing me, BUT!, i always warm it up, use the clutch during acceleration and deceleration, grease fittings, clean air filter, and change oil every 15-20 hrs. so the way i see it, i am not abusing it. unless you power shifted without using the clutch and rode your brakes the whole time, i dont see how you could have either of those problems. Something is WRONG!!

Old 06-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

no i don't keep my garage locked, but i always carry the key on me. so i know nobody has been riding it behind my back. the place is called "cliff's yamaha/honda" and it's in richmond here in VA. I'm sure not many of you know much about it but still, they suck. never go there if you can help it. of course, i didn't really have that impression when i went there but boy do i now. yeah i hated it when they pinned it all on me, and they kept stressing "rider abuse" i mean, sure I had my little tantrum throttle moments, but that's kinda good for a 2 stroke. and that should have nothing to do with the gears really anyway. they said the brakes were slap slam wore out, just how much braking does it require in 2 and a half weeks to wear them things out. A HELL OF A LOT ! i hit the brakes hard from time to time, but usually it was a gradual stop with both front and back brakes applied. which would mean less wear since i was using both to stop me. yamaha refused to fix the tranny at first because the breaks were worn so badly and they figured that was a sign of abuse. my dealership called them again and told them that i hadn't even made my first payment. then yamaha RELUCTANTLY decided to cover the gear box only IF i replaced the brakes with cash from my pocket first. so i gotta pay for the brakes before yamaha will cover the tranny under warranty. does that sound screwy? they are just so convinced that it's abuse because the brakes show it. would mud and grit affect brakes and make them wear down super quick? other than that, are there really any other ways of wearing down breaks that quickly? they want to get me back in there when it's fixed and "have a sit down and teach me how to drive my quad" ...BULLCRAP ! that's absolute bullcrap. you all say it
's a lemon, but what parts of it would have to be faulty in order for breaks and a shifter fork to go out? how much force does it take to bend a shifter fork? are we talking landing on the Dam* thing or just shifting through gears using to much pressure

Old 06-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds to me like a case of poor dealer setup, coupled with a transmission flaw. Unless of course you were ragging onit, and i believe you weren't. Even if you were, Many a blaster has been beat to hell for years without a tranny failure!
I'm assuming it's an 03? Front or rear brakes? Were the rotors warped? if not, then brakes had nothing to do with tranny and they are looking for a few extra $$ out of a newbie. I would tell em you want brakes free or don't replace them. buy a clymers manual and spend 1 hour reading and replacing yourself. Everything on a blaster is easy with the book.
I reckon i'd turn this back on them and accuse them of not properly servicing it before delivery. Did you add oil? check oil?

Old 06-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Everything they are saying is BS.
Yamaha would not require that you pay for brakes in order to take care of the tranny.
Refuse the brake job, demand tranny repair. never go back.

Old 06-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

yeah but see they are saying the breaks are so worn down. and i think that they are using that as a "rider abuse counter" for yamaha to only fix the tranny if i pay for the breaks because it's a rider abuse problem.
I'm going to call them monday and give them a piece of my mind, i can't wait till they get it to. they have already given me my fees and stuff, i gotta pay 90$ for labor, 76$ for brakes, and 5 extra bucks for some crappy stuff like screws or whatever. then ontop of that i've got a 150$ service charge ( but that dont bother be because it's brand new). yeah, you can bet your quads I'm never going back to them EVER for anything.

Old 06-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

and you know what really sucks, they talked to my mom. probably the worst person to ever talk quads with and you all know it, no offense to her at all. but she knows nothing about them. and whenever i try to actually call and talk to the guy who actually looked inside of my fourwheeler i can never get to him. i always get put on hold, then told that he will call me back. and i always get some bull**** rep. that isn't the guy that actually looked into my quad.

Quick Reply: I am SO ANGRY, take a look at this yamaha blaster B.S.!!!!!