Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!

I don't know what the big deal is, hiding what you have in your engine. It's such a childish game, it all boils down to two people running side by side down a straight away, or up a hill, one winning, one losing, turning to each other and saying great run, lets do it again, and having fun doing it.
If you have to keep your internal mods to yourself, then I have no time for you. If we had the same mods and you beat me every time, you are a better rider than I am.
If you ever race me and I win, I was lucky!!!

Old 07-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Hey there,
I was at Silver Lake on the weekend of June 28th, and I think I know who you are talking about. I raced with him quite few times and beat him some and he beat me whoever gets the holeshot and keep this in mind I had Gecko Sand tires [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Did he have those fancy goggles that you can't even see his eyes? Did his's motor look really new right? He had haulers on? Did his girlfriend had Yellow 400ex with pipe and paddles? He had some dirty blonde in his hair right GregV? While I was there there was two 03 Raptor's with STOCK PIPE that could run even with me and this guy with CT pipe. I was really stocked!! My engine is bored by Mickey Dunlap and it was only bored .02 over so that is like 670 or so correct me if I am wrong with numbers. I do have 11:1 piston with TI valves and springs with heavier clutch springs with stock gearings.

Great video by the way! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Happy Riding,
Dusty

Old 07-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

airraptor

Beverly dunes are only 300 acres, and the drag hill is probably 150ft. I don't think you would ever get out of 1st, or should I say it would be a non shifting hill for you. Moses is bigger, but still no big drag hills. Beverly is nice sand, more of a play around area, totally covered in one day. Moses sand is like salt and pepper and very dusty, cover it in a weekend.

I've used paddle and dirt at both places, it's a toss up, I perfer paddles but not necessary. How long before you return stateside? Where have you ridden in oregon? I assume you are stationed at McChord. Myself, Welder E-5 USAF 1973-1979.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Air, the beverly dune is a great place for kid to learn to ride on the quad. I have not been there and since it so small I wouldn't even try to go there. I will be bore in a heartbeat. Those small land is good for small kid who want to learn to ride the quad.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Thats one hell of a rappy for stock motor ! I have the same set-up this guy "so calls" he says and theres no way he could have been that fast. Airraptor - beverly is a COMPLETE waste of time. Moses is time times as fun and I hate moses lake dunes. Trust me on this one. the biggest hill there is maybe 20 feet high.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Wildchild660r
That's the point I was making, just trying to keep it civil for all the Beverly fans out there. The one decent hill at Moses was completely covered with beer bottles last time I was there. I only go to them because the next closest is Sandlake, and it's still a pretty good drive from here.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ill be waiting!..Rap03

Old 07-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

It may have been Wshrdnskn and eagle collector on a DS,They might have been out there. Dave has a black and white 01 raptor..

Old 07-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Happarap - Personally I dont know how anyone could be a fan of beverly unless their under 10 years old and ride something small. I was at moses the 4th and if I may correct you the sand there is salt pepper and beer cans and bottles and tons of fireworks layin all over the place. Huge mess. We had a good time though.

Old 07-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

That's the guy RapYosi.............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Girl friend and all.

You must be running pretty well to take him. I was close a couple of time if I got a better holeshot than him............but his bike came on real strong once he hit 3rd. gear.

The only engine tampering that I saw was some excess Yamabond oozing out from the cylinder head and some scuffed head bolts. Add those factors to how he was beating me...........I am very confident that he has been into his engine!

Quick Reply: I met a REALLY BIG LIAR at Silver Lake!!