Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

great to be Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to be Canadian

Tyre,
You read my other posts there yet sport.

I'm glad I could brighten your day by making you laugh.

I really posted this stuff to get a rise out of you Canadians, knowing your inferiority complexes and all.

I've been to B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia. B.C. looks like Washington. Alberta looks like Montana. Manitoba looks like a combo of North Dakota and Minnesota. Ontario and Quebec look like any number of Snow Belt states. Nova Scotia is pretty cool but it looks just like Maine. Nothing up there that ain't down here. Gulf coast and Southwest is what you all are missing. There is no Arizona or California in Canada or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Mexico is even better in my opinion but that's just me.

IT GET'S DARK IN CANADA TOO EARLY IN THE WINTER. I used to live in Chicago, Indiana and Michigan. That's EST and CST and in the winter it is dark during rush hour. The daylight is too short there. That comes with living in higher lattitudes. Get's dark at lunch, that's an exaggeration obviously, WTF are YOU a moron?

Summer's duration is too short in the Midwest states let alone Canada. Good weather occurs in Chicago from the middle of May to Halloween. That's 5 months if you are lucky. If my geography serves me right, Chicago is further south than any point in Canada which is the Windsor area right across from Detroit. The weather in Detroit sucks too. Face it, it's cold too long, it rains/snows too much and it's dark too much. I can go out in short sleeves, jeans or shorts 355 days of the year. No comparison.

Once again,

WE BUY STUFF FROM OTHER COUNTRIES BECAUSE YOUR STUFF IS CHEAP. IF WE HAD TO PAY AMERICAN WORKERS TO DRILL ALL OF OUR OIL, TO BUILD ALL OF OUR CARS AND TO PRODUCE ALL OF OUR STEEL, THE PRICES WOULD BE TOO HIGH IN THE CURRENT ECONOMIC CLIMATE. IF WE HAD TO PRODUCE ALL OF OUR OWN GOODS WE COULD, JUST LIKE WE HAVE IN THE PAST. THIS WOULD RESULT IN COUNTRIES LIKE CANADA HAVING TO SELL THEIR GOODS IN A VERY COMPETITIVE WORLD MARKET INSTEAD OF SHIPPING IT TO US WHERE YOU GET FIRST CRACK AT OUR MARKET BECAUSE OF YOUR CHEAP PRICES AND CLOSE PROXIMITY. WE ARE A NATION OF INFORMATION AND FINANCIAL SERVICES. IT MAKES SENSE FOR US TO LET OTHER NATIONS DO THE GRUNT WORK.

Be glad we buy your goods and resources cuz someday we might not. There are alot of blue collar guys, alot of union guys that don't like Canadians because YOU STEAL THEIR JOBS. I am not in competition with cheap labor so I think you guys are ok. Most people like Canadians because you are just like us and tend to back us on world affairs. Remember, if it wasn't for us you'd be speaking German or Russian right now.

In closing I would like to say that I am neither an ignorant azzhOle, moron or idiot. Smartazz sometimes, sarcastic often, honest always. Enjoy the mosquitos.

Old 08-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Do I even need to put my two cents in? The only "free" country worse than Canada is France. Lets see some Froggy politition try to outlaw guns in this country and be up front about it. They can't do it because True freedom loving Americans won't let them. Gun registration only leads to gun confiscation. Just look at England and Australia. Now that guns are banned in those countries the crime has skyrocketed. Please let some tree hugging liberal try to prove otherwise. England even went so far as to hide the crime rate from their citizens by counting seperate crimes comitted at the same time and multiple crimes by the same people as one single crime so that their stats wouldn't look as bad as they are. FU Canada...and Sh#T on France-----I've got lead for ya both so come and get it, and don't forget to bring me some maple syrup on your way down.

Old 08-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

For a second there, I thought I was public enemy #1 in Canada. Thanks Vakero!

Old 08-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

For a second there, I thought I was public enemy #1 in Canada. Thanks Vakero!
Trx440 id say most of the time your funny...As for Vakero,well i think he does the best he can wich doesnt seem like much but to each his own...

Old 08-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trx440
Good weather occurs in Chicago from the middle of May to Halloween. That's 5 months if you are lucky. If my geography serves me right, Chicago is further south than any point in Canada which is the Windsor area right across from Detroit. The weather in Detroit sucks too. Face it, it's cold too long, it rains/snows too much and it's dark too much.
(chuckle) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I live right smack dab in the middle between Detroit and Chicago off I-94 and love it. I'm alittle more partial to the town on the big lake rather than the river; yet they are both within 2 to 3 hours and have great things to offer. Pro sports, great dining, and every imaginable amenity that the big city offers are a simple choice between east and west.

We really enjoy the season changes and the fact that a relatively uncrowded jewel of a resource in Lake Michigan is not 45 minutes from our fingertips. There are fantastic "down-to-earth" people scattered all over rural and "big-city" (Grand Rapids is another great town, 40 minutes north) Western Michigan; great scenery all up and down the coast up to Traverse City and Petoskey; great fruits, vegetables, wine; all "home-grown" along the roadside and an Upper Peninsula that is too beautiful to describe in this space.

We run our big lake ******* boats, sailboats, fishing boats, river boats, aircraft, quads and snowmobiles like nobody south of here could ever imagine and use the worst days in which we get "snowed in" (which isn't often) to simply take a break from the world and enjoy each other's company indoors by the fire. You can also catch just about every species of fish this area has to offer; sitting on a pier, enjoying the lake and watching some of the most fantastic sunsets this world has to offer. Add to that some of the best hunting oppotunities for "all" species in the midwest; an over abundance of diversively farm-fed venison for the dinner table and legitimate Boone and Crockett bucks out our back door.

No offense to anyone else's preference.................but "it aint too shabby" here in Southwest Michigan!

(p.s. I realize that this certainly got "off topic"; but here's a link to what's happening over here if anyone's interested.......tourism is our #2 industry!). http://www.wmta.org

Old 08-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Blackballed,

I am from New Buffalo. Actually I lived just 100 yards south of the state line so my address was Michigan City, IN. I could walk to New Buffalo H.S. in 10 minutes whereas it was 15 miles to my high school in MC. I love summers and the start of fall back home. Best beaches in the world between Indiana Dunes and Warren Dunes. Clean fresh water that is just warm enough to swim in. We used to get a keg and sit 100-200ft offshore on sandbars where the water would be 18" or less. That's a blast.
Winters were fun as a kid. We would ride snowmobiles from LaPorte, IN thru Three Oaks, MI over towards Buchanan and back home.

But I got tired of the cold. In the summer it seems like it only rains on weekends so I packed up and moved to AZ. If you are into outdoor activities there is no better place to live than Arizona [maybe SoCal]. I get homesick in the summers and fly back every 6 weeks or so. I also spend the week of the 4th at Silver Lake.

Hopefully in about 5 years I will be able to live in Michigan when my kids aren't in school and back here in AZ during the school year. I had hoped to live in the Grand Beach area to be near my friends but the wife and mother-in-law like the Traverse City-Charlevoix-Petosky area. We'll see.

I used to go up and party at Western on occasion. The head basketball coach was from Michigan City and his nephew was on my high school team. I played basketball against the Bronco 3 times in Kalamazoo. Could have gone there but I chose Miami instead.

You are right about the food! I have finally found all the Chicago food joints out here in Phoenix. It seems like every other person is from Chicago. That keeps me from getting too homesick. Plus, it's only a $180 non-stop on ATA and 3.5 hours later I'm in Chicago's Greektown eating like a king.

Old 08-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Did you ever think some of us like winter? Just because you don't doesn't mean it's bad.

During the winter, we have 10's of thousand's of miles of snowmobile trails. Some of them are wide as highways and some of them are tight in the woods. I quad when there's no snow, and I sled when there is. They both have their goods n bads...but I have to say nothing gets the adrenaline running better than slamming an 800cc Triple Cylinder 2-stroke putting down over 180+ horsepower to WOT and keeping it there might make you flip over backwards. And 130 MPH easy on the open trails is a blast that no quad will ever give me.

Don't get me wrong...I love quadding just as much..but for different reasons.

And...western BC is like Washington, yes....but not Eastern BC and Western Alberta. Have you been to the Canadian Rockies?? If you have, you'd know nothing in America compares to their beauty. Sure the rockies run through the states...but they do not compare to the Canadian ones...

Anyway...Have a great day.

Jeff

Old 08-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vakero
True freedom loving Americans won't let them. Gun registration only leads to gun confiscation.
If you're so pro-freedom then why would you want to shoot a someone for "trespassing" on your property. It's a "free" country ain't it? Come and go as you please. Your freedom exists only as long as it's you that's doing .. you have guns to restrict the freedom of others. Hippocrate.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Tyre,

I'll give you this, Whistler and Banff/Lake Louise ski resorts [been to both] are better than any 2 ski resorts in the US. But I wouldn't trade the Lake Tahoe-Mammoth Mountain area for either one of them. Canadian Rockies, US Rockies just not that much difference to me. There are SO many places to ski in the states. I would rather ski Taos, New Mexico anyway. Danger!

I used to love snowmobiling but the cold gets old and quads are more fun if not anywhere near as fast as fast.

You're right about the cold areas of North America not being "bad". But, more people move to the California, Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico areas of the states for one reason, the weather.

Enjoy the cold, it's been fun debating this subject with you. If you ever want to go duning,pack up the DS and come down as my guest at Glamis over any of the big Holiday weekends. It's the best. And that we CAN'T argue over.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Off the topic, but not totally... 2002 was the first year EVER that California had a net loss in population.

Quick Reply: great to be Canadian