Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ok here's the full detail race of the 400ex vs. my warrior.... in detail mostly

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok here's the full detail race of the 400ex vs. my warrior.... in detail mostly

Ok... my friedn jsut got this 04 Honda 400EX on saturday... ok well here it goes.... we were jsut ridin aroudn lettin m warm up gettin in da dust.. also this race was on FLAT ground no birms jumpos nuttin just FLAT!!!then his dad desides he wants to race us.... so here we line up and i slowly start to roll ( cue to go) so i saw him dro pthe clutch and i then i did and we both wheelied and were off popin a wheelie as we shifted 2nd also... first turn he cut me and 2nd turn he cut me but 3rd n 4th i cut him.... so ya.. it was even... but ya.. commin outta the turn we were both even for the last about 1000 and it was dead on and his being only a 5spd i had that xtra gear so i shifted and started to pull i was full throttle...... to the end and by god i held onto it... for the win!!!! but tomorrowr were gonan have cones n shiz that we gotta go around ... so ya it'llb a far race... well farer

Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ok here's the full detail race of the 400ex vs. my warrior.... in detail mostly

You also have to take into consideration that his engine is new, yes its fresh, but the more he breaks it in the better it will run. He will eventually probably have a few mph on you as far as top speed goes and probably acceleration too. Take the baffle out of you pipe and it will help you go faster.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

good race though

Old 09-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Just curious ... how in the world did you get a warrior (basically a tank) to wheelie off the start. I thought most people including me cant even get the thing to wheelie if you try.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've had my Warrior put me on my back and I was damn near sitting on the tank. Yes, I was screwing around doing something I shouldn't have, but yes, the front end will come up.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

i let er drop every now and then in 2nd and can ride it for ages

Old 09-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO LIE.

Old 09-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

What are your talking about that a Warrior cant wheelie if you dump the clutch. Try it once and see what happens. Just because its heavy doesnt mean anything a sudden slam of plates together somthings going to grab. Speak from experience not opinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ya..... and YOU THINK i lied about this race??? well YOUR WRONG!!!!!.... that's the race basically... kinda short... but ya i kinda had midrange rpms and ya i kidna dumped the clutch... o well.. i can wheelie good.... i bent my grab bar from doin 1 today.... owell there's more but ima clsoe this window ERROR *get's error msg saying he can never clsoe this window due to a virus*

Old 09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

On the wheelie part for the Warrior yes they will, once upon a time I lost a drag race to a Blaster because my Warrior stood up on me and I about looped it out. If you rev and dump the clutch that tank will wheelie. Now my Rappy on the other hand will loop out in second without clutching if you get on it hard enough. In short, I'd find it hard to believe a Warrior will take a 400EX in a race of any kind but yes they will wheelie, with a crappy rider on the 400EX the Warrior might just have a chance.

Quick Reply: Ok here's the full detail race of the 400ex vs. my warrior.... in detail mostly