Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give him a banana for trying...

Hehe....Can't wait to get my YFZ...

Old 09-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

acctually, i am 145, and i could still beat him in a drag whether i was 145 or not.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, that’s pretty fast. He may have been shaking his head though because you came within a foot of him at high speed unnecessarily. Its one thing if your racing motocross, going up a real narrow hill or started out real close but it always Pizzes me off when someone flies right up on me sideways when they had plenty of room. He might have even backed off to let you by because he didn’t care enough about beating you up the hill to do so with you all over him like that.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TomM
Yup, that’s pretty fast. He may have been shaking his head though because you came within a foot of him at high speed unnecessarily. Its one thing if your racing motocross, going up a real narrow hill or started out real close but it always Pizzes me off when someone flies right up on me sideways when they had plenty of room. He might have even backed off to let you by because he didn’t care enough about beating you up the hill to do so with you all over him like that.
hahahahaha... the natural layout of the hill brings the riders very close together. It takes only (1) look from the bottom and you know exactly what you're in for. You need to watch the vid again Tommy. I was nowhere near him - probably no closer than (1) meter.

"He might have backed off to let me by" hahahahaha! That was not the only time I ran him and won. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

selector

Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

hondaracer305, Just curious.....what makes you so confident that you could have done any better on that guys bike? Have you ridden it? Do you know how good the guy is at drags? Have you ever raced up choke cherry? Again, just curious why your so confident.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Treeshot
hondaracer305, Just curious.....what makes you so confident that you could have done any better on that guys bike? Have you ridden it? Do you know how good the guy is at drags? Have you ever raced up choke cherry? Again, just curious why your so confident.
I feel confident because i know my bike very well, i can predict how it would handle in areas and 98% of the time i am right, I am a very confident rider and know my limits and what i can do. I am very sure if i raced him up choke cherry i could win because of the reasons stated above and i am a very good rider in all terrains. What makes you think i couldnt win?Is it bad to be confident and believe that i can do something?

Old 09-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

Here you say...

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
If i was driving that banshee, that wouldnt have happened.
But then here you say...

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
Originally posted by: Treeshot
I feel confident because i know my bike very well, i can predict how it would handle in areas and 98% of the time i am right, I am a very confident rider and know my limits and what i can do. I am very sure if i raced him up choke cherry i could win because of the reasons stated above and i am a very good rider in all terrains. What makes you think i couldnt win?Is it bad to be confident and believe that i can do something?

So are we talking about you riding someone elses bike or your own? Cause if were talking about you riding another guys bike then it doesn't matter how well you know your bike, and if you can predict how it would handle up a hill you've never seen in person. So that leaves you with beating him on the other guys bike because your a very confident rider. Confidence is a good thing and believing you can do something is the only way your going to do it. Without confidence you second guess yourself, let off the gas cause you chicken out, and generally get yourself in more trouble than if you believed you could do it. But don't let overconfidence get you in a situation where you can't back up what you say. I never said I didn't think you could win. I just wanted to know why you were so sure you could beat that YFZ on a bike you've never ridden, up a hill you've never seen in person (it's been my exp. that pictures and videos don't do hills justice), when the guy who owns the bike couldn't do it.

Old 09-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

What makes you think i am not a better rider than the guy on the banshee, but i might not be,but i think i am. I own a banshee and have ridden one with the same mods he has on the one in the sand, pipes, if thats all as mentioned, it was sheerider17s banshee i rode, he has pipes and a filter. I ussually ride that one as well when i ride with him, the only way to make 2 banshees handle different is front tires, shocks, extended swingarms, etc, which i dont see on that one,so having identical handling to my friends as it prolly does, i think i should win. are you going to get a yfz?

Old 09-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

Where did you get the notion that I don't think your a better rider than the other guy? Hell, I don't have any clue who either of you are so why in gods name would I form an opinion on who was a better rider without ever having seen either of you ride? As for the guys bike having identical handling as your friends who cares? It's not like your pulling 60ft doubles and railing berms at the speed of light. It's a straight line uphill drag race. Pretty much the only part of the handling that matters is how far you had to lean forward so you didn't loop the bike out. So now your a very confident rider that knows how far to lean forward so you don't loop it out. Any other reasons why you would win?

As for the YFZ, I have my raptor which is keeping me happy for now. No need for two quads yet.