Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior

do you think that a warrior is a good quad? and why.

Old 11-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior

I think it is .My warrior is a first year model and its running strong. well after a rebuilt engine. but what would you expect from a 16 year old quad. Its a little to small for me buut i got as a loaner or i like to call it my b!tch bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior

i heard it handles bad.i drove one with a blown rear shock, it was tha worst thing i ever drove, but then again the shock was blown so i didnt get a real good feel of tha handling characteristics

Old 11-15-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior

I like mine but yes the suspension sucks and i wish it was lighter. they will climb almost anything and you dont have to worry about it leaving you stranded miles from home.

Old 11-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Range Rover
Default warrior

Like any quad, if you don't like something about it (such as the handling), there is always a way to improve it. Better shocks, a wider stance (flipping the rims), and longer a-arms will make the Warrior's handling much better. Are you buying new? If no, then the Warrior's positives are: 1) electric start, 2) reverse, 3) reliable, and 4) used one's can be found for $1k. Throw another $500 at it, and for $1500 you have a nice ride for the money. But if you're buying new, all quads are expensive and there may be a lot newer technology quads out there for a similar price.

Colby

Old 11-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior

i dont see why everyone thinks they handle bad? mabey i havent just drove enough other sport quads... i do know widing up the rear helps. cause i drove one with stock tires and axle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] felt tippy and all.... i've had mine about a month now and really like it.. i havent had any probs except rear axle bearings.. started goin out so i replaced them and one day the chain feel off and broke something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] nothing JB weld cant tackle

Old 11-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default warrior

i think warrior is a great machine but if you are young and want something fast i would get soemthing faster i thought they would be fast enough but it wasent fast enough for me, i sudjest a z 400 or kfx or raptor all good fast bikes with reverse great for trails

Old 11-23-2003, 04:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default warrior

I love my Warrior. Had it a good 9 months now. No, it isn't the fastest thing out there. But I feel it's right for me. Rarely do you ever run pinned in 6th gear. Only time I have is Pismo and once on a fire road (that won't happen again). Like most quads, stock rear tires aren't that great. Looking to replace them.

As far as handling, I guess it could be better. But then again, it's not meant for the MX track (that's for the Raptors and YFZs.) The last time I took it on a track (Hollister, CA) it did have a tendancy to want to push through the corners. I'm sure any quad would do that with too much speed. I just didn't seem to be running as fast as some of the other bikes on the track through one particular corner. With better technique and probably better tires it would have grabbed and cornered much better.

It's definately a good starter bike for an adult. It's got enough power to run, but not so much as to get people in trouble. It does climb good, just requires some mental coaching on my part to actually climb anything really bad.

I haven't had any problems with mine that were not caused by outside forces (rear-ended by another Warrior - busted tail light...only $14!). By all accounts these things are bullet-proof (one reason I went with it.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default warrior

cotton where in IL do u live??? im up near chicago .... ok handling it can be better but i think it's good stock for something that only has 348cc and weighes over 400 lb's lol my cat just farted lol it could have more power bu t otherwise it's great...