Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

There not that big (maybe 3' deep at the biggest) but some closer together than others. It just seems some don't like to power threw them, I go through them the best I can and hope for the best (wife don't like to watch me do it). I'm an old man so it beats me up a bit, but it's all part of the fun. I need to do it while I can, then I'll get a buggie and just run you all over. JK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Beech is right, anybody with a sack ............... I think we have some no nutters on here.......
Last year when we were at Glamis for the "BIG WEEKEND" we of course raced up the hill the days before the event. Well, one of those days I pull up to the hill and a guy in a group of about 5 other quads gives me the nod and points at his buddy on a Shee (in a very friendly way) so. . . I raced him and he got me up the hill. When I got back down I pointed at one of the Raptor's in the group and the owner climbed on. We got to the line and took off. Once I was through the whoops I looked around and had to turn all the way around before I saw the guy. . . he was on the ground and his Raptor was turned around headed back to the starting line (without him!) I turned around to check on him. Turns out the front end came up and the grab bar dug in then sending the front end down HARD. He ended up dislocating his sholder and was obviously in pain. Needless to say, I felt bad. I also noticed my sack shrunk on future trips through the whoops.

The whoops are deep and it is a long section (compared to the entire hill!)

Every place has a certain home field advantage but, I would rank the home field advantage at Glamis as higher than average.

Old 12-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

YES they were 10 FEET! deep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I still have nightmares about those whooops![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat, clinging to a tear soaked pillow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

LOL da beech....

you could tell i was a punk when you seen me....

do you ever leave pismo....?

Old 12-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

great thing about whoops is the faster you go the better you sail over them. Sorry to hear about the rap guy.

But at glamis tday the hill was smoothed so whoops werent a deciding factor for racing

Old 12-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

whoops are all part of the game in my opinion,if you cant go thru them then stop riding....

Old 12-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

and going down hill too!!!!!!!!!LOL

Old 12-08-2003, 04:01 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I like them 10',7',or 3', its the only way I can beat anybody, I am a big dude on a slow quad, but I have suspension and *****!
Like beech said AGAIN, the faster you go the better.
I hit the ones ot our hill in 5th pinned, up or down.
Down is the fun part, I don't know why you guy spend so much money and time trying to go up the hill so fast, its alot cheaper to go down fast....lol

Old 12-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

14mins, you should bring those Raptors to Little Sahara in Oklahoma, we have 2 new hondas that would be more than glad to race you.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

all this nagging cracks me up. Why doesn't everyone go there and race? Everyone on this forum knows when it is going to be and had the opportunity to prepare for it. People can go there anytime they want to dial in their machines so it shouldn't be anyone's backyard.

There are no excuses once a year. Any 2-stroke can show up and race too and they also knew about it well in advance.

There are lots of whoops there so show up and everyone will see who has the sack to go through them. Screw Banshee hill.

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?