Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Speed, so how should I fare against his 686???

Old 12-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AzRaptor
Mark, you know I'm giving you crap. I had a good time running your bike last year. I made some changes to my bike and it's running good for what it is. It's beat alot more bike. We'll see how it does.
Oh yea [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Anyone that knows me knows I like to shoot the hill but. . . I like to Dune more.

The 760 isn't dialed in and I don't know if it really ever will be. . . I would rather have to ease it off the line than have a poor dune quad by puttin on an extended swing-arm (yeh, Mr. "whoever has an extended swingarm will win our class" still doesn't have one!) Sure can get the front end to come up now! I have only ridden the 760 one weekend so I have big time chicken finger (my thumb just won't push it all the way off the line!) Once I am through the whoops it's ON though.

I'm sure we aren't the only ones that have made some changes since last year!

The one thing I have to laugh at between AZSand and Annihilater is look at which forum the battle is in. Don't know what it is about the Yamaha forum but, more $hit is thrown here than the Bomb forum by far! And thats as close as I'm getting to that one. Like both you guys and I'm glad to say, I wasn't there when the race happened. Heck, all I would have seen was roost anyways.

And AzRaptor. . . can we count on you and your crew at DS-Day's in 2004?

We'll be camping at Gekko this year but, I'm trying to line up my buddy and his Margarita Machine. If it is there I am thinking we could do a Saturday get together at Gekko and watch the flat drags. I'm sure I won't be the only one camping over there (buddies didn't like the dust and the dyno so, gotta go with the masses.)

Old 12-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I do not think raptor03 is "mild" anymore. The UPS man was busy a few weeks ago.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Speed, so how should I fare against his 686???
If you have a stock bore 12:1 or 13:1 and a good cam and port job. Weigh 200lbs or less and can ride, you have a shot. 100mm to 102mm is no big deal. 26cc isn't going to do squat.

Unless Sam put in more than the 12:1 piston he is still considered a mild 686 in my book. Stock carbs, stock valves, stage 1 cam etc.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

Setup, setup, setup, what more can I say.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So when is this big Race going to take place??? I would have to give it to Mario, his DS is the fastest I have ever raced!! Also, Taftraptor's bike was running just as good and wanted to see them both race but didnt get the chance to see or hear about that one.

I sure would like to see this race, especially at Dumont, the hills there are crazy compared to Glamis and takes alot more HP to pull them bikes up that hill. My bike is running pretty fast for me I would say but Mario's is going to be hard to beat. Lets say, the only bike I believe that will beat his will have to be a drag banshee. Otherwise another 4 stroke with the NOS dialed in.

You(Mario) got a fast DS bro.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: DuneMe

The one thing I have to laugh at between AZSand and Annihilater is look at which forum the battle is in. Don't know what it is about the Yamaha forum but, more $hit is thrown here than the Bomb forum by far! And thats as close as I'm getting to that one.
LOL I was going to say something about that. No wonder the bomb forum is so mild mannered, you all bring your dirty laundry over here! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 12:03 AM
RIP Dear Friend

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

Mario,
Thanks for the for the kind words. You did beat my bike and I was impressed with your bike. Hope to meet up again. I beleive that '03 asked if my bike was the same as raptorowner's? I have the hi-rev cam, as far as i know thats the only dif.

Keith

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?