Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

went mx riding today with banshee and blaster

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went mx riding today with banshee and blaster

I had a great time. Both bikes have there advantages and diadvantages.

blaster: Man this bike is light. It is easily controlled in the air, flies great, and can be thrown around all over the track. The disadvantages of this bike are that it is under powered compared to the banshee. I couldn't clear some of the jumps because I couldn't get up enough speed. It is also a little bit tippy. You really have to slow down and ride the berms through the turns. The brakes weren't nearly as good as the banshee's hydro disc set-up but the brakes were sufficient. the new model blasters have good brakes. The suspension would really beat you up. coming up short on a 15 foot double was enough to bottom the shocks. The ride was quite harsh as well. This bike could be a pretty good mx'r with 2+1 a-arms, +2 swingarm, shocks, pipe, and some port work.

banshee: I had the power to attempt every jump I wasn't afraid of attempting. The banshee is currently all stock. The banshee had pretty good flight manners but it wasn't as controlable as the blaster. The banshee handled better than the blaster as well. It throws massive roosts coming out of the turns. The suspension was quite a bit better than the blasters just because of it's longer travel. It soaked up all of the bumps alot better than the blaster because of its longer wheelbase and better suspension. The brakes were great. I could lock them up whenever I wanted to and they weren't overly touchy. The only thing I have against it is its weight. After coming off a blaster the banshee feels over weight. If you were to lighten this thing up some and put some elka's on this thing it would be a decent mx performer.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went mx riding today with banshee and blaster

get some trenga racing rear hydrolic brakes for that blasta.
mines an 03 so i dont have to, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]