Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried to buy a new Rhino from ****** Powersports??!!

Is it Action Power Sports? I'm looking @ buying a Raptor or a YFZ450 from them because its right down the road. If so I may have second thoughts about doing business with them.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
there is NO WAY that one salesman can make 130K on quad Sales Commission!!!!!
I repeat NO WAY!
if he were to make an average of 500 per sale.......which he probably doesn't.....if you argue this you obviously don't know much about retail......then he would have to sale 86.67 quads MONTHLY!!!!!!!!!!
Call Charlie's Honda in Jasper, IN and ask him how many quads he sells a month or even better a week. It would surprise you. A guy told me that when he bought his new Rincon there that he averages 15 to 20 a week. When a dealership that has a good name and there customers tell others then that multiplies into more sells. Also I (heard) that he has 4 new 450Rs coming to him right off the bat when they come out, when the dealership 30 minutes from him is getting one from the second batch.

I have never bought anything from him since he only deals with Honda's but I heard he gives good deals and works with the customers

Old 01-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

BLUE RIDGE YAMAHA AND POLARIS are theives, they were trying to sell my 97' banshee for $3500 ( you could see some white streaks and the headlights casing was taped on when i first got it, but i didnt know that at the time) till my dad talked to one of the salepersons he knew and he got a better price on it. My friend wanted to trade in his 02' banshee in GREAT condition, and all they wanted to give him was $2850.00, the same price they wanted for an 84' 250 Moto 4, rediculous.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

My 2 cents worth: We all price shop for everything we buy, but if the dealer makes too little money, he cannot properly service the customer. So we make our own bed if we travel away from our local town dealer to buy. I have worked for dealers in the powersports industry and have seen good and bad. Don't just shop on price, but do expect fair dealing and if the dealer invests in good shop equipment and good employees, then he can (and should) expect to get a better price for the product he supplies.
Because you dont just buy a Rhino or a Grizz but you also buy the assemby and pdi and after sales service and not all dealers are the same in that respect.

If the dealer didn't keep his word about the price it's because he either 1) F#$%^d up, or 2) was greedy. If it's #1 then maybe he should have come clean, apologized and tried to work it out (and my guess is that because you have made mistakes in your life, you'd work with him.
If it's #2 Then you are right to walk away and let others know who is the greedy bas&*rd, but you had better be sure it was #2 or else your no better than him.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

The sales manager basically admitted that he screwed up. He said he did not know the owner was going to allocate all the cost of his 3 day trip with his wife to Hot Springs to this one unit. So, do I forgive the dealer? Should I gorgive the dealer? he kept me hanging for a week. I cut my weekend short with my wife on our anniversary so I could live up to my word. I told him I would be there and I made preparations to do so. They brought religion into the deal when trying to emphasize their honesty and convince me I was not about to get screwed. Once they screwed me, the sales manager got mad at me like it was my fault???

I do not think this is just an example of a mistake and I am the bad guy for not letting it go. These people could have made it right. They had a choice and chose not to. The owner apparently does not care about his reputation in the business.

I could not even believe they tried that used car tactic... sign a PO and send it over and I will work on it for you... BS - You made a deal. You gave your word. If your word is worth nothing, I want nothing to do with you.

As far as dealer service goes, I have a good friend that is a service manager at another yamaha place. He will take care of me if I need anything. I just needed someone that actually had a Rhino to make me a decent deal.

Old 01-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

I think it is very realistic I was around the car biz for 13 years and new salesman that made 150k a year every year for about 5 years that I new them, I think you all would be sick if you really new how much these saleaman really make! remember many are all liars, stealers, can't be trusted.

Old 01-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

What makes a person mad is that when they get ready to buy a vehicle these sales guys think they can play you. I tried trading in a Ford Explorer Sport loaded with low miles and they were only going to give me $7200 fo it, I laughed and asked them where they got that price. He told me Kelly Blue Book, well before I went there I went on the internet and printed off the trade in value, I showed him the price and it was $11500 and it showed all the details. I asked him to explain, I never heard any body stutter so bad in my life trying to explain something and didn't even have a straight answer. I said no deal and walked out.

When I bought the two four-wheelers back in October a Honda 250EX and a Raptor 50 I paid $5000 for both. Everybody asked me how I could deal with the dealership I went with and I told them. You have to go in with a buying state of mind and deal with them and don't put your guard down for a split second, if they can tell your serious about buying they will work with you and maybe throw in a couple of helments along with the deal. All together I walked out saving a $1000.

Also it is about location and competition, they have it in there mind that they all ready have loyal customers and also know that most people will not drive over an hour away to purchase, so they set there prices at what catches the customers eyes.

Old 01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

OK, i just got off the Phone with Sheryl at Yamaha Motor Corp. She was almost speechless. She said she could not believe they had the nerve to tell me I am paying for the owners vacation. She says the dealership will have until Friday to resolve this. I told her nothing short it being delivered to my house for the agreed upon price will change my opnion of this transaction. I have been inconvenienced enough with cutting my anniversary trip short only to find out I was getting screwed and wasting my time doing it.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Range Rover

Wow, you da man! I wouldn't have bothered to track someone down from above. How did you get a hold of a warm body?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Quick Reply: I tried to buy a new Rhino from Sherman Powersports??!!