Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Woa! Check out the wacky suspension on this

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woa! Check out the wacky suspension on this

WTec:

I think it looks great! How does it do against that 720 DS in your pics?

Is that a chrome frame?

Anyone that does mods on their bike knows it isn't hard to spend $10k on the quad + mods. These things aren't cheap! Do you select your suspension or do they have a set-up the send it with?

Old 01-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Oh dude,Wtec,I didnt mean to diss on you quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just wanted to make an interesting thread because people are complaining its getting slow around here.Really sorry,I bet its great once you get used to how the front looks,hope you can see your way to forgiving me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Pro Rider

I remember i saw one of those in dirt wheels a long time ago and i have been in love with it ever since, its just an awsome looking machine which seems to have the power to match, the front plastic looks to be very well designed as it looks like it would capture air and force it into the radiator better than any other quad grille design, i really dig the front suspension, not too crazy about the back end of it tho. My opinion is that the WTEC eraser has to be the best looking and most unique quads ever built, i wish i had one. Oh yea i saw a few of those in huevos 6 and it looks like they haul a$$!

Old 01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
mrh
Trailblazer

You are buying a full mod quad instead of building one so $13k is not unreasonable. Looks pretty cool to me.

Old 01-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

There's also one in the Huevos 5 video in that giant beach race in South America. It looks like almost too much suspension action the way the quad was bouncing around all over the place. I bet if you get some good suspension like TCS and dial it in, it good be suite! I imagine it would be more competitive in endurance/desert and maybe even GNCC races with all that suspension. I doubt it would work well in a motocross situation, but who knows.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Range Rover

Hey everyone, thanks for all the interest in my WTEC. I'll try to answer all your questions but will take awhile, I type for --it. The four shocks I have are the low end ones,but do have full adjustment,preload,compression and rebound.They work great for the dunes but for extra $1000 you can get the high end no preload shocks which are (I heard) worth the extra money. All chrome everywhere and even though I ride at the ocean only a couple of tiny spots with rust and the welds are of high quality and strength. On latest models the rotors are tucked in better, and they do make protection for them.I believe PEP suspension makes aftermarket shocks, but heard they're over $2000, ouch! this quad already handles better than anything I've owned(SEE MY PAGE) but my buy the upgrade shocks when i modify the motor. Talked to a guy with the same 520 engine in a aftermarket frame that has dynoed at 60hp at rear wheels with 540 kit,cam and cdibox so can't wait for tax returns![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] DS720 in my pictures is faster right now but think with mods will be able to take him.We ride together often so looking forward to just lining up to race without telling him.(Glenn I know your reading this)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Karl @ cyclebarn in Lynnwood,WA. sells these and you won't find a nicer,helpful guy anywhere!THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEYWITH THE KTM ENGINES

Old 01-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I saw a place in dirt wheels that sells aftermarket plastic for the eraser.