Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I bought a Moto-fast 2 to 1 carb setup for my shee..anyone else have one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a Moto-fast 2 to 1 carb setup for my shee..anyone else have one?

As a recap, I have a '99 Banshee I use mainly for woods and trail riding and have done my mods accordingly. I have triple rates/front and Pep/rear, -2 swingarm, DG exhaust (came with the bike), milled head, durablue axle, and flipped rims. I'm keeping an eye out for some good used +2+1 arms. Well, I've been watching Ebay for a used Trinity 2 to 1 carb setup and found a Moto-fast setup auction! This setup uses a 40mm Lectron carb, which I think is more desirable than the 33mm or 35mm carbs used by Trinity (I've heard nothing but good things about the Lectron carbs, plus the larger size will help out on top end quite a bit). I worked out a Buy-It-Now deal with the seller and it's on its way!
Does anyone have any experience (or pics would be nice) with this setup? From past threads, it appears it's no longer available and was the hot item with the track racers. With this setup will I have plenty of low end, or should I now start looking for a 2 to 1 pipe..or would the two together make too much low end and choke it on the top end?

Old 01-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default I bought a Moto-fast 2 to 1 carb setup for my shee..anyone else have one?

I think your bike will be almost perfect for the type of riding you do. That should be a sweet setup with the lectron carb. Don't buy the exhaust you won't need it, save your money and buy A-Arms. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think I would get A-arms for woods riding.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Why not? Extra width be an issue through tight areas? When I ride in woods, it's usually trails made for 4x4's, so even a wide ATV can get through w/o a problem. I've been told that the combo of -2 swingarm w/ +2 arms really balances the Banshees out nicely..

Colby

Old 01-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

You are right about the -2. I run one on my trail bikes. Those 4x4's aren't going as fast as you will be on that banshee, and I guarentee they are bumping off of trees unless the trails are 6' wide or more. If you are going slowly through the woods where you have plenty of time to react, then the +2 will be fine, but if you run 3rd/4th gear on 4-5' wide trails like we do, then the narrower the better.

Old 01-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if i were you id can that DG exhaust... ive heard it makes a shee loose power... DG makes great nerfs and bumpers.. not pipes.
try that 2 into 1 dyno port... that sounds sweet.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

If you are determined to get the A-arms, I know a guy that builds them cheap. I run a set of his on my race bike. I think he is building them now for $350 not painted. They use good ball joints and are fully adjustable with 4 heims. Let me know if interested. I can get pictures if needed. He can build different configurations. How much do you weigh? +1 forward push worse if you are heavy like me. Also remember your shocks will get really soft with +2.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

I have Works triple rates valved for 180lb rider w/ +2 arms. I am only about 160lbs, but will run +2 arms with my rims flipped, so it should balance out. Since I only weight 160lbs, will +1 forward still push?

Send me pics of those arms at vbzatty@hotmail.com. I may be interested (I am definitely getting arms, but was looking at good condition used ones on Ebay).

Old 01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

I will try to remember to get the pics tonight. You should be fine with the +1 forward. I really think you will like these a-arms. Plus, they are FULLY adjustable and cheap.