Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Once again u can not reply when I question about something, I am done with this idiotic forum. I relize I have stooped to 14mins pathetic level being involved with a argument with him in it. I apologize for acting like him, just get tired of 14mins being the only one with never having a valid point in these forums.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thomez-What do you think about them dyno #s? Thanks for putting them up. Thats the first time ive seen them. I think 14mins possibly could be talking about the hondas performance off of the showroom floor.

Motox26- Sparks built a CRF nitro alky drag bike that does around 10 mph faster than the winner of The Big event @ Glamis recently, That is impressive... And it looks like you have done some good mods to your 440, I had a piped 400ex, but I had a bad experience with it... I think it was a lemon to begin with (this particular honda)...On the other side, I have seen a honda that must have been built on a Wed. and It was impressive, STOCK it ran like a scalded chicken.. Dont take this stuff on the forums personally guys, we all will soon see real life dyno #s and we will also see what kind of mods are available for the new Honda.

BDC Members--- Im patiently awaiting for the BDC to come to Dumont for some drags (pres day)... I look forward to running them turbo bikes they have been working on ( turbo 727 sounds fast and maybe turbo honda and such). I will be on ALL motor (gas)and I am sick and tired of never haveing any competition @ Dumont, Alls I had to beat up on was some Alky drag banshees today.. I hope to see some fast bikes from BDC next week...

Saturday morning ok with yall?

Old 02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Thomez-What do you think about them dyno #s? Thanks for putting them up. Thats the first time ive seen them. I think 14mins possibly could be talking about the hondas performance off of the showroom floor.
Howdy,

I think the Honda looks impressive. That dyno IS stock, off the showroom floor, for BOTH bikes. Some I am sure will argue that the YFZ needs the cam mod, piped, filtered, and jetted then it pulls away. On that same token the Honda needs the same things and it can only get more impressive. To me it looks like they are going to be very similar to the bike analysis that I have seen. The Honda will have a lot of power and it will be delivered very smoothly across the powerband. The Yamaha will have possibly more peak power but will have more of a 2 stroke powerband, making it harder to ride and to control the power it has to offer.

GT Thunder is probably one of the most respected dynos out there - he is known to call them as he sees them and he even warns you if you want to test something on his dyno - he will tell the truth about it, good or bad. That is as real world of a dyno as you are going to see. Pick your favorite color they are going to be that close. I passed on both of them and went out on a limb, dare to be different I guess.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

themez- took you 10 dyno runs to find one to your liking. I could make a dyno run with a new 450r show 5hp peak if that was the number i wanted to see. You are the one that added nothing to this thread. What was wrong with all the other dyno runs that have been in the mags or posted?

You said

"These foolios don't want to talk about the dyno, they would rather talk about me, my life, my experience, my age, what I own, where I live, or some other factor, because they have nothing to say about the dyno sheet. It doesn't lie" Again where is the lie in all the other dyno's that have been posted showing the honda puts out less??

You should spend a few moments re reading the BS you have supplied in the previous 10 or so pages. Where is the lie that i said you do not ride your quad very much? I got that from reading some of your post . If you really want to talk internet racing you are the man. I am fourunate enough to get to ride a lot of quads from mild to wild. And until thanksgiving i now that i had more seat time on a cannondale than you did.

So post the lies i posted?

Motox26- you are not even worthy of a reply.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Go argue with Gabe, he will make you look dumb enough. Tag teaming you just doesn't seem fair.

What did you lie about? Look at the title and the garbage that follows. That this was any type of "lackluster" motor. No matter how you look at it, it isn't lackluster. That was plain ole BS. As soon as one unbiased person that gets absolutely nothing from the numbers produced does a dyno run, you cry foul. How childish.

No, I don't ride my quad much. I have, at this point in my life, more important things to do.

Talk about the dyno sheet if you wish, don't talk about me.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:34 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: thomez

No, I don't ride my quad much. I have, at this point in my life, more important things to do.
Like what?

Old 02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

College.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:40 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: thomez
College.
Good Answer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

i liked it better when you had zipped your mouth up a couple pages ago

Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
i liked it better when you had zipped your mouth up a couple pages ago
Do you realize who you are talking too?

Chet

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?