Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Originally posted by: learning2fly
[i]Originally posted by: [b]TellicoGrizz660[/b.
First off, YOU NEED TO RE-READ my post, I never said anything about trail riding the YFZ!!! I RACE!!!!!!!! I dont trail ride my YFZ AT ALL!!!!!!! Second, Pikes Peak is very FAR from being straight, its an up hill race of SEVERALLLLLLLLLL miles, speeds are in the 80's!!!! Also, I might mention, HONDA DOESNT EVEN ENTER A QUAD INTO THE EVENT, because they DO NOT HAVE A QUAD FAST ENOUGH TO COMPETE OR BUILDABLE ENOUGH TO COMPETE, the only honda's I have ever seen in the event was a cr500 powered quad!!! The Zilla's as well as the Honda and the DS ALL LOSE TO THE SHEE in that race!!!!!!!
OK Ok, I read your post, It follows no logical thought pattern. So it through me off a bit. I think I see your point now. You are 6'2 and 183 and the YFZ is an amazing race machine. Even for someone your size. Ok, not disputing the YFZ is a good race machine. A little small for somebody your size, but obviously you like cramped spaces. So how did you plan to dispute the 450R is a better all around machine- with your banshee crap.... sure whatever..... OK, you have one race..... The banshee doesn't even come close to being the best all around machine... please.... that is funny......

So if I want to ride yamaha I need one bike for each type of terrain? I'll get right on that. That's seems to make a lot of sense.... Oh wait a minute- I have a honda and it will do well on all types of terrain..... One more time just for you, the topic is "how come honda builds lackluster motors? Obviously you haven't seen any information on the 450r, it is right up their with your beloved YFZ. .16 seconds behind in a 125 yrd drag on slightly uphill pavement. Yeah, that may be 2 quad lengths at that speed- but is hardly lackluster. Maybe you should pay more attention to the facts.[/quote]

Is the Yamaha a true 450cc machine???????? Is the honda?????

Old 02-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

you all argue the dumbest chit LOL

Old 02-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warrior007
you all argue the dumbest chit LOL
I agree, just standing up for my rides in the face of ignorance. Doesn't seem to help though..... I'll try this approach..

Ok I surrender- I am buying the 450R because it has a lackluster motor. I would not be able to handle the speed of a Yamaha product and was trying to hide under the honda veil of slowness and reliability. When I suck at riding the quad I can easily blame it on Honda.
My quad will be slow and uncomfortable because it is a Honda product. The dealer probably won't even warranty the quad when it falls apart the first day as it is sure to do.

If you can't beat em, join em. I would just like the rest of the Honda riders to come clean and admit they have chosen Honda for the same reasons. It's gonna be allright, the first step is admitting that you have a problem. You enjoy lackluster motors and poor performance with very little handling capabilities. Honda is a large company, but very weak and merely a flash in the pan. Practically a dot com.

Yammi fans, please help me see the error of my ways for I know not what I do. Forgive me for my past indiscretions and opinions.

Old 02-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TRADER!!!!!!

lol

Old 02-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

when using a cliche such as "hanging from xxx nuts" in a statement, it not reaching, grasping, or anything other then a metaphor.

Furthermore, i have nothing to prove by going to texas and beating up on all the 4-strokes down there. Im sure some 2-strokes would whip my ****, but i have nothing to prove by racing thumpers.

14, you saying you dont mod the hell out of your raptors to increase their displacement, run different fuels, titanium rods, cut tranny's, longer chassis wheel base, come on...you mod yours just as i do mine. Get real, my lackluster honda is not only a 2-stroke, but its 2/3 the displacement you guys are running.

Lastly, i dont come into this forum promoting lonestar, honda, blah blah. Nearly every post i see anymore praises craycraft. Kind of funny how their isnt any free advertising. I cant post a thread asking about a fair selling price for a quad im looking to sell, but 14mins and half the other forum can post on how great craycraft is and how fast they are and how good their service is...a little biased moderatorating going on...?

Old 02-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
TRADER!!!!!!

lol

Motox26 - You will conform....... Listen to me carefully.... You are getting sleepy..... very sleepy..... you are asleep.

Honda sucks..... When you wake up.... you will drive to the Yammi dealer and trade in your quad for a dollar- the value of a lackluster product..... You will then buy the yammi product..... and you will be superior.... you will have no memory of being asleep or that you ever liked honda.... when I count to three you will awake....

1...2....3.... You are awake....

See how easy that was......

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

LOL! learning2fly, them Yamaha guys might think your serious..................They believe everything they read!.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

With a little work on any engine it can run very good with some of the top dogs out there. Key word is little work done by someone who knows what they are doing. This can apply to two-strokes and four-strokes.

DaBeech, hanging from someones nuts is just wrong. Advertisement on the forums is payed by the advertisers themselves. Anyone on the forums has a right to express how the feel about a certain builder or suspension company, lord knows I have. You are the man when it comes to 250r's, I have even myself sent people your way.

Now can we all just go on with our lives and get this past us.

Old 02-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ozark38
LOL! learning2fly, them Yamaha guys might think your serious..................They believe everything they read!.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
what do you mean THOSE YAMMI GUYS.... you talkin shix on my colors........ Don't make be bust out the loch ness monster on your @ss....
No seriously, don't blow my cover.... I'm like Yammi Five-o, a narc to the lay person.... I've infiltrated Honda's ranks and will bring the man down.....

Old 02-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

learningtofly- LMAO

You are scarred your 2 stroke will get thumped buy a raptor in 300 feet down here. LMAO

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?